9mm carbine - Page 3
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > General Rifle Discussion > 9mm carbine

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-22-2014, 02:18 AM   #21
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 32 Times on 24 Posts
Likes Given: 30

^ excellent post, thanks for the great information.

Old 04-22-2014, 02:35 AM   #22
disappointed & disgusted, But DETERMINED...
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Liked 3377 Times on 2283 Posts
Likes Given: 710

Default 9mm carbine

That's it for me. No Hi-Caps, no Sale....I'll either get the Kel-Tec because it Folds In Half, or something shorter that takes ext. Mags...

Sent from my iPad using Firearms Talk

"The difference between a successful person and others is not a lack of strength, not a lack of knowledge, but rather in a lack of will." Vince Lombardi

"No One, and I MEAN NO ONE Craps on me and Gets away with it!!! Those days are gone...

Old 04-22-2014, 05:42 AM   #23

Liked 2694 Times on 1754 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by thdrduck View Post
Well, I picked up a Hi-Point 995TS. First impression... I was surprised how well it is put together and how solid if feels. The sights arn't much but work well enough and I can say the same about the safety. Out of the box the sights were way off but never bought a gun when they weren't. A little tweaking and it was shredding a hole in the middle of the target at about 40 yards. The peep sight is good enough for someone that needs bifocals and I think any kind of optic on it would be a waste considering the guns limitations range wise. I think I found my new "plinker". I sure won't be afraid to scratch it or get it wet so it will make a great little "trail" gun. Wish it came with more then one magazine, but for the price, I can see why it didn't.
Any kind of optic would be a waste?

-Hack, cough-

It sounds like it proved itself accuracy wise. Admittedly, a 6-18 x 50 mm would be a tad goofy perching atop... Everyone has their own opinion, but a red dot calls a pistol caliber carbine home like a chocolate egg in an Easter basket. Faster on target, leading a moving target, low light/ dark advantages,and possibly more accuracy.

Feral cat waterboarder

Old 04-22-2014, 10:33 PM   #24

Liked 21 Times on 18 Posts

looked at my paper work tonight and it warns about the high cap mags and shows what the clearance problem is , looked at the factory mag compared to the promag and looks like more clearance on the promag , sent them a email to see if they have the problem fixed or not , will post the answer

Old 04-27-2014, 09:13 AM   #25

Likes Given: 14

I picked up a Hi-Point 995TS a couple months ago and really like it. For under $300 new you can't beat it. Eats any 9mm I throw in it. Added a Bushnell red dot sight and was blowing out the center of a target at 50yrds. Even at 100yrds I could keep all shots in the kill zone.

Old 04-27-2014, 11:49 AM   #26

Liked 62 Times on 40 Posts
Likes Given: 1

I've owned both the 955 and the sub2K. The only thing that's better about the KelTec is the folding aspect. It needs a butt stock since the stock is too short and like everything else with KelTec it's hard to get parts and accessories. It's over priced because it's underproduced, it's a pain to clean since the bolt is tricky to get past the hammer. The sights require a tight cheek weld which knock off your hearing protection.
The 955 is plain and simple, easy in every regard, accurate and reliable.

Old 04-27-2014, 12:15 PM   #27

Liked 2218 Times on 1524 Posts
Likes Given: 820

Before there are any more Kel tec products in my safe kel tec has to send a check for R&D. I am not fixing their junk all the time for free.

Old 04-27-2014, 12:50 PM   #28

Liked 19 Times on 12 Posts
Likes Given: 5

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I had to look at my paper work to see how long ago I bought the model 995
9mm high point rifle. It was 11/28/03 when I bought and it has had thousands of rounds thru it.
my 2 sons grew up shooting it till the barrel was too hot to touch.
In all that time it was never a problem. It broke 1 firing pin about a year ago,
I called the company and they sent me a new pin and spring free of charge.
You cant beat service like that!
Its not pretty but its built like a tank and will shot whatever you feed it.

Old 04-28-2014, 09:49 PM   #29

Liked 21 Times on 18 Posts

well just talked to Promag and they said they have had no problems reported to them on there 15 rd mags and they did not even know that that notice was still being shiped with the 995 , they said that was a old problem with the old owners , not sure if it was Hipoint owners or Promag , but was told there are no current problems and they think Hipoint just did not want people using other peoples mags in there guns , seem to look and work fine in mine for what it is worth , and no I will not repair any bodys guns the have problems with them. anybody ever had first hand problems with the Promag 15 rd mags in there guns ?

Old 04-28-2014, 11:50 PM   #30

Liked 114 Times on 84 Posts
Likes Given: 144

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigjim View Post
They really work and are accurate.

Jim

Hi-Point 4095TS 40 S&W
If you loosen the grip screw on the side shown in the picture do they still work? The pistols do not and that is the reason Hi Points are an absolute no go in my world.

If I write a post and it sounds like I'm trying to tell you what's best for you, it's because I write like crap.