Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   General Rifle Discussion (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f18/)
-   -   8mm surplus ammo problems? (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f18/8mm-surplus-ammo-problems-82355/)

Gizord1 01-24-2013 09:54 PM

8mm surplus ammo problems?
 
Since ammo is expensive, I have been target shooting with my Mauser every day (I try to shoot everyday, but I usually shoot with a .22). Today, I had my first FTF in the 250+ rounds I have fired through it. I have had some hang-fires (about half a second), before. I have read on other forums, about old yugo ammo exploding, but I shoot surplus Egyptian and Belgian ammo. Anyone have any problems?

jpattersonnh 01-24-2013 10:36 PM

I have not seen Egyptian ammo in 20 years. I saved 1 round years ago. Are you sure it is Egyptian??

Gizord1 01-24-2013 10:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jpattersonnh
I have not seen Egyptian ammo in 20 years. I saved 1 round years ago. Are you sure it is Egyptian??

I think... Hang on
Correction, it's Romanian, from 1978.
I did have some Egyptian, though

jpattersonnh 01-24-2013 11:08 PM

Both steel case Romanian and FN, or is it FNM are VG ammo. FNM is Portugeuse. The best.

Gizord1 01-24-2013 11:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jpattersonnh
Both steel case Romanian and FN, or is it FNM are VG ammo. FNM is Portugeuse. The best.

These are brass Romanians. I have some Belgian ammo as well. I just shot the last of my Egyptian ammo a couple days ago. Super corrosive stuff

jpattersonnh 01-25-2013 12:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gizord1 (Post 1108838)
These are brass Romanians. I have some Belgian ammo as well. I just shot the last of my Egyptian ammo a couple days ago. Super corrosive stuff

Romania never made brass case. CMC was an older Romanian code, These are the others.
322 Unknown Factory, Romania 13
323 Unknown Factory, Romania 13
324 Unknown Factory, Romania 13
325 Unknown Factory, Romania 13

All were steel case.

Gizord1 01-25-2013 12:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jpattersonnh

Romania never made brass case. CMC was an older Romanian code, These are the others.
322 Unknown Factory, Romania 13
323 Unknown Factory, Romania 13
324 Unknown Factory, Romania 13
325 Unknown Factory, Romania 13

All were steel case.

Must be reloaded then. That would explain the loading info in the box

jpattersonnh 01-25-2013 01:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gizord1 (Post 1108896)
Must be reloaded then. That would explain the loading info in the box

Bud, You can't reload steel either. Post a pic of the headstamps, that would help.

Gizord1 01-25-2013 02:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jpattersonnh

Bud, You can't reload steel either. Post a pic of the headstamps, that would help.

Hey wait a sec. I'm lookin through these, and I'm findin three different headstamps! I'll post all the ones I can find

Gizord1 01-25-2013 02:57 AM

6 Attachment(s)
Correction, FIVE headstamps!
Here's the pics. The last one is the Egyptian ones. Guess I had more.


All times are GMT. The time now is 09:09 PM.

Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.