6.5mm what? - Page 2
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > General Rifle Discussion >

6.5mm what?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-22-2011, 05:43 AM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

No Whtsmoke, not to irritate you, and not a God. Back in those days you could not remain in the Corps unless a qualified marksman. It was stated by many of the investigators, that Oswald was a top marksman because he served in the Marines. This was untrue because he just barely qualified as a Marksman. Records if that is what you choose to measure by, are meant to be broken, and have been. In my time of duty, when in doubt, crawl closer. Hits are more easily insured, and position isn't given away if the bad guy can't tell because he's dead. Our present Commandant has once more stated that there are no ex, or former Marines. Once a Marine always a Marine. You may serve in a different uniform police, fire, or Army... but you are a Marine. Not a God thing, but Recon Marine... scout/sniper with some pride remaining
Besides, I have also been honored to spend time at Fort Benning for basic jump, as a part of Recon training, and I do know what Currahee means sir. Currently serve as member of the State Guard Reserve, and also wear ACUs regularly, US Army last time I checked. So this old dog doesn't have a bone in any disagreement
USMC Nov57- Dec 65
US Army National Guard, State Defense Force Presently serving

Last edited by Oohrah; 01-22-2011 at 05:45 AM.

Old 01-22-2011, 06:07 AM   #12

This topic is always toxic,

Last edited by bgeddes; 01-22-2011 at 06:09 AM.

Old 01-22-2011, 07:58 AM   #13

Liked 38 Times on 32 Posts

I can tell you this. I have been in the exact spot Kennedy was shot I got a picture of the marker on the street some where in my 10 shoe boxes of pictures.

Am I an expert shot NO. But I can tell you this. With the equipment I have which is vastly superior to Oswald I would have to really work to make the shot from that window I am sure that I could do it but it would take at lest a month or two of shooting and sphering to pull the shot.

there are just way to many holes that were neatly filled by Oswald then he was shot by a guy with terminal cancer.

Old 01-22-2011, 08:22 AM   #14
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

I do not believe the Warren Report, or the Oswald as a lone gunman story at all. But I don't much believe most of the conspiracy stories either.

A good while back, I was working in the oil patch in deepest darkest South Louisiana. A trusted friend and I went to a local bar for a few beers in the small town where he was raised. My buddy pointed out an older gent in the bar and eluded to the fact that he was part of the team that took JFK out.

Credible story? I do not know, but my buddy was not going to tell me any more details than he did. With all of the stories out there, I do think that a South Louisiana/New Orleans Mafia connection may be closer to the truth than the Oswald/lone gunman story.

Old 01-22-2011, 06:26 PM   #15

Read several books along with struggling with the Warren Report that wasn't even good fiction. 1. There was more than one shooter. Way too many hits (6.5 or any caliber) and to have a pristine bullet on his gurney is a little way too pat as to not being planted. 2. A number of enemies including the Mob, and he slept with the Chicago godfather's daughter, maybe even Robert did too. The tie to Cuba, the mob, and gambling. He and Johnson didn't get along that great. Failed attempt on the Bay of Pigs with the CIA probably looking dumb, when he pulled out at the last minute. Ruby, the mob, possible corrupt Dallas police. Also who knows what his father Joe had going with the mob. So many possibilities to where it could be one, or a number of involved in the conspiracy.
I saw a pretty good Jessie Ventura conspiracy show on the history channel, where filming of a death bed confession, with pictures, and his son's statement this confession was true. This took place in a motel room in Louisiana. The name may have been Hill. Over a hundred deaths of people the first couple of years, of anyone speaking contrary to the Warren Report. I don't know of any left alive except for Arlan Specter. Bet if it opened up again, he will pass away of natural causes. Maybe not, seeing as if that he can't make up his mind on what party that he wants to belong to?
It seems to me also that the rifle claimed to be used was a 6.5 that as someone stated, was only capable of 4 or 5 MOA. Everyone of the the shots would have to be hits at a moving target for that many holes left by the tricky flighted bullet. The missing skull with the extreme rear portion missing, indicating most likely at least one frontal hit, that would be impossible from above and behind JFK.

Old 01-23-2011, 04:42 AM   #16

Liked 16 Times on 13 Posts

Default shooter(s)

tango ....i know you could have made the shot ... as could i or anyone that can shoot . ....because we wouldn't have waited for the motorcade to turn left and try a passing shot .one could shoot straight at target ,coming towards depository...then shoot ..this tells me it had to be more shooters. triangulation ...the fatal shot came from the storm drain. if you watch the film in slow mo ,the way his head exploded...fragments (spray)... bullet was traveling at an upwards angle from street level

Old 01-26-2011, 02:54 AM   #17

Liked 5 Times on 3 Posts

Funny, I stood in that same window in the Texas Book Depository and I believe that a decent shot could have pulled it off. Carcano's aren't that bad. It's just that there are a lot of worn out examples of the rifle out there. The main problem with the Carcano is that the sights are rather poor, but Mr. Oswald took care of that problem by using a telescopic sight. the Kennedy Assassination was a disaster for the country. If he would have lived through his term, he would be remembered today as a lousy president. The Liberals did a great job at turning Mr. Kennedy into a martyr and Johnson ended up getting a lot of legislation passed by waving the bloody shirt.

Last edited by CornCod; 01-26-2011 at 02:55 AM. Reason: spellin'

Old 01-26-2011, 03:12 AM   #18

Liked 38 Times on 32 Posts

Sure hit a head in a car moving 15mph with 3 shots from an old worn out rifle that when new was known to be inaccurate.

Accounting for wind car speed movement ect.......

I have seen expert marksman not be able to make the shot. Just one shot let alone 3 in a matter of seconds. The action was not a nice smooth remington or win m70. It was an old bead down worn out milsurp rifle.

Old 01-26-2011, 04:04 AM   #19

Liked 18 Times on 12 Posts

Ok, I was asking about the round itself as in which 6.5mm round it was. A co-worker has a rifle chambered in the same and we were trying to remember the round. That is all. I did not intend to start a whole "Who Shot Kennedy" thing or who ordered the "hit". Thanks to those who answered my original question and the rest of you can just SHFU. We will never know the whole story so believe what you want.

Mods can close this thing down before the flaming starts, please.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pandamonium View Post
...without the Second, we cannot protect the rest!

Old 01-26-2011, 04:26 AM   #20
Administrator
FTF_ADMIN.png

Liked 10954 Times on 4746 Posts
Likes Given: 1800

Aw, hell, there were only two other shooters, and they were both buried out beyond Mineral Wells TX 8 hours after the shooting.

I would not joke- still have the shovel.

Newest Threads