Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   General Rifle Discussion (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f18/)
-   -   6.5mm what? (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f18/6-5mm-what-36999/)

skullcrusher 01-17-2011 03:16 AM

6.5mm what?

Italian made and said to be the same make and model as the one Lee Harvey Asshat used to shoot JFK. If so, then what round does it take? I have no pics or any more info. Just a topic of discussion with some co-workers.

Gatekeeper 01-17-2011 03:23 AM

6.5 Carcano (6.5X52mm)

cpttango30 01-17-2011 03:36 AM

Gate nailed it.

At the time of the JFK shooting you could buy them in the back of Guns and Ammo or American Hunter for something like $5 and have them :eek: shipped right to your door.

My dad has one stuffed in the back of the closet somewhere.

I find it very hard to believe he did it. The Carcano was not known for its accuracy. Our would print something like 4 or 5" with milsurp ammo at 100 yards.

skullcrusher 01-17-2011 05:01 PM

Thanks. I knew someone would know. :)

whtsmoke 01-17-2011 06:38 PM

tango, thats a curious staten[ment you made as we had one of the little carbines with the spike bayonet in our collection and my brother and i would try to manipulate the bolt, site, and fire and we could never get it down that fast, makes a person wonder and we will never know about it in our life time.

cpttango30 01-17-2011 07:59 PM

It is a crazy long action that is not all that smooth. When we would try to rapidly cycle the bolt it would stick bad at times.

Plus have you ever seen a carcano round. I think the bullet is like 3" long.

Plus for the JFK thing how does a bullet go in to and out of 2 bodies a car seat and then just fall out on a gurney with no marks on it at all....

I to this day believe some one in the government had JFK Killed. Weather it was the CIA or some other org I don't know.

TimL2952 01-17-2011 08:15 PM

well....Oswald WAS a Marine :D

Oohrah 01-18-2011 08:25 PM

May have been a Marine, but he just barely qualified at the range. I also have a similar Italian WW2 rifle that isn't in the 6.5 and is about carbine length (just have the complete action without the stock) and the caliber is 7.35! No, Oswald had help for sure. The same shots could not be duplicated by top marksmen with a stationary targets, let alone moving target. That rifle and scope combo was a piece of junk, with even the scope wiggle loose. Only A. Specter is alive from the Warren Commission. That idiot was the one who came up with the crazy single bullet theory. He can't even make his mind up as to what party to belong to.

whtsmoke 01-19-2011 12:11 AM

I can never figure out what it is with being a marine, youd think they were gods or something. look at the sniper record and who holds it.

powg 01-22-2011 04:52 AM

6.5 carcano

everybody knows that kennedy was killed by a small caliber high velocity round.....can you say m-16-5.56/.223 which was relatively ''new '' in 63.there 3 shooters ...can you say triangulation..1 at the book depository,1 at the grassy knoll ,1 in the storm drain at street level ....the shooter in the storm drain fired the fatal ''melon buster''.shooter in the book depository hit kennedy /connolly...the shooter in the grassy knoll missed 2 times . all 3 shooters escaped via the dallas police dept.dropped off at love field to catch a plane to shreveport .landing in shreveport ,they split up . shooter 1 was killed in 64 in a place called vietnam. shooter 2 was killed in 67 by a drunk driver in mississippi .shooter 3 was killed in a ''mercinary'' action in africa in 73