.50 bmg
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > General Rifle Discussion > .50 bmg

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-16-2011, 10:43 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default .50 bmg

I know pointless and no real reason to have one but I want one so bad, what is the cheapest complete gun yet still good quality and all that good stuff... I probally sound like an idiot or something though but IDC I want one so bad haha

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 08-16-2011, 10:48 PM   #2
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 5923 Times on 3093 Posts
Likes Given: 418

some states they are illegal. maryland is a very marxist state. check your state laws.

another issue is the sheer power of the round many ranges ban them. to fire one safely you need several miles of clear terrain behind your target. its a very very very powerful round.

"Gun control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound." — L. Neil Smith

The problem with being stupid is you cannot simply decide to stop doing dumb things...

Old 08-16-2011, 11:12 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonM View Post
some states they are illegal. maryland is a very marxist state. check your state laws.

another issue is the sheer power of the round many ranges ban them. to fire one safely you need several miles of clear terrain behind your target. its a very very very powerful round.
lol yeah i know I havent checked MD`s stupid gun laws thanks to dumb people around here I really just want to know I should plan to spend not saying im going to get one...just yet lol

Old 08-17-2011, 12:17 AM   #4

you can get a bolt action upper for like 1300. but for the famous barrett. meh, 4-10k

If Sam Colt made men equal, then John Moses Browning made some men better than others.

Do not attend a gunfight with a handgun whose caliber does not start with a "4."

Old 08-17-2011, 12:22 AM   #5

Liked 184 Times on 134 Posts
Likes Given: 185

this is what I found
ARM USA - Serbu BFG-50 50 BMG Rifles / 50 Caliber Rifles

cheapest one I could find

Old 08-17-2011, 02:54 AM   #6

it says that MD imposes various regulations on transfers of .50 cal rifles, can anybody explain what that means or what they are ect ect? California is the only state that they are not allowed.

Old 08-17-2011, 03:02 AM   #7

Liked 1423 Times on 808 Posts
Likes Given: 1290

The cost of the rifle is NOT the cost of 50 BMG ownership!

http://i1060.photobucket.com/albums/...ps18cfbeae.jpg

Get her dirty, then clean her so she starts to respect you. When her trust is complete, she will serve you well for a lifetime!

"...if doves shot back, there wouldn't be a need for a bag limit."
- orangello

Old 08-17-2011, 09:23 PM   #8

Liked 46 Times on 28 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by canebrake View Post
The cost of the rifle is NOT the cost of 50 BMG ownership!
Yep, you have to FEED the baby and make sure it has glass that will allow you to make use of the horse power you are getting out of it. You also have to find a range that will allow you to spread it's wings (1,000 yards+) and then there is the pesky little detail that if you go for the lowest cost option in platform and glass you will probably NOT get the accuracy that will allow you to enjoy what the .50 can actualy do. So you end up with a really loud expensive to shoot stick that many ranges won't allow you to shoot...

Just a thought...

Old 08-17-2011, 10:10 PM   #9

well I know a few places that I would have more then enough room to shoot it so that isnt a concern of mine lol just getting it is

Old 08-17-2011, 10:17 PM   #10

not to mention its 5 bucks a damn round. 45 bucks a full magazine....or is this a "i only need one round" type of deal...cause i see your from the land of mary, and i umm, wait, someones at the door, brb.

If Sam Colt made men equal, then John Moses Browning made some men better than others.

Do not attend a gunfight with a handgun whose caliber does not start with a "4."