5.11 Gear
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > General Rifle Discussion > 5.11 Gear

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-05-2011, 06:37 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Default 5.11 Gear

I was wondering if any of y'all have tried out the clothing line 5.11 it's suppose to be for our kind of breed. My local gun store has it and of course they try and sell it and say it's the best but have no clue please let me know what y'all think of the 5.11 thanks, Simple man.

" I would rather die on my feet, than live on my knees."

"A country boy can survive"

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 04-05-2011, 09:19 AM   #2

Liked 34 Times on 29 Posts

I have two pairs of Tactical pants. They are tough as nails. As is just about every thing they make.

Blackhawk make good pants too as does Vertex. Supporting members here can sign up for a web site called Promotive and get Vertex Tactical Clothing at 50% off Retail.

I also have a 5.11 belt and man I think you could hang a car by that thing.

Old 04-05-2011, 11:26 AM   #3

Liked 12 Times on 11 Posts
Likes Given: 58

I have there pants, belt and several shirts. They are well made and have lasted for some time now. No complaints here.

SGT U.S. Army Special Operations Command, Ft. Bragg, NC (2002-2006)
Operation Iraqi Freedom Veteran (2004)

"Democracy is two wolves and one sheep voting on what to have for dinner. Liberty is the well-armed lamb contesting the vote." - Benjamin Franklin.

Old 04-05-2011, 11:35 AM   #4

Liked 10 Times on 6 Posts
Likes Given: 1

I have a belt only so can't say about any if their other gear but I have two complaints. It's made in China one. And the buckle is very cheap. Didn't know that before I bought it. Other than that, it is fairly well made. But would I buy another........no.

"A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government." -- Unknown author -- Falsely attributed to George Washington --
Patriot Guard Rider

Old 04-05-2011, 12:18 PM   #5

Liked 52 Times on 33 Posts
Likes Given: 59

I've bought their station wear pants. Heavy fabric, strong stitching, fits like it should for the size as compared to my wrangler jeans. The station wear pants have pockets in the knees for neoprene kneepads. I don't know if the tactical line has these or not, makes sense if they do.

Old 04-05-2011, 01:42 PM   #6
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Liked 1361 Times on 691 Posts
Likes Given: 1015

I like the tactical pants, well-made, good cut, reinforced knees, wide belt loops, plenty of gear pockets placed where they make sense and comfortable.

Tactical Tailor is also another good vendor.

Old 04-05-2011, 05:26 PM   #7

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Man thank y'all for replying so quickly cpttango30 thanks I will look into the others as well thanks y'all again. I love this site!

" I would rather die on my feet, than live on my knees."

"A country boy can survive"

Last edited by Simpleman; 04-05-2011 at 07:10 PM.

Old 04-06-2011, 04:13 PM   #8

Liked 4 Times on 2 Posts

I really like the 511 Tacticle pants, they are comfortable, tough, and decent looking enough for all but the most formal occasions. Kind of expensive if you compare to what you could pick up at Wally World, but the 511s will last. I also love the 8" ATAC boots with the zippers on the side as well as the laces so you can lace them up snug, then use the zipper to slip them on or off quickly. As a volunteer fire fighter, that is a big deal, believe me. Good stuff, you can't go wrong with it.

Old 04-06-2011, 04:24 PM   #9
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 30 Times on 20 Posts
Likes Given: 71

Default LAPG great sale on 5.11

I've been shopping here for a few years now they handle all 5.11 product right now you can buy a pair of there tactical pants and get a free belt and they offer free shipping, check it out at this link

LA Police Gear 5.11 Tactical, Galco, Maxpedition, Converse, Bates, Danner, Surefire and Blackhawk

“Life’s tough … it’s even tougher if you’re stupid.”
John Wayne

Old 04-06-2011, 06:50 PM   #10

Liked 34 Times on 29 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjgnwdc View Post
I've been shopping here for a few years now they handle all 5.11 product right now you can buy a pair of there tactical pants and get a free belt and they offer free shipping, check it out at this link

LA Police Gear 5.11 Tactical, Galco, Maxpedition, Converse, Bates, Danner, Surefire and Blackhawk
You should be supporting a Virginia company man.

Guys Check Quantico Tactical Supply out. I have been to their retail outlet (That is where I got my 5.11 pants) great guys they were laughing and joking with me while I was in there. Customer Service is great as well...

Quantico Tactical Supply Gear - Apparel - Weapons