Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   General Rifle Discussion (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f18/)
-   -   5.11 Gear (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f18/5-11-gear-40831/)

Simpleman 04-05-2011 06:37 AM

5.11 Gear

I was wondering if any of y'all have tried out the clothing line 5.11 it's suppose to be for our kind of breed. My local gun store has it and of course they try and sell it and say it's the best but have no clue please let me know what y'all think of the 5.11 thanks, Simple man.

cpttango30 04-05-2011 09:19 AM

I have two pairs of Tactical pants. They are tough as nails. As is just about every thing they make.

Blackhawk make good pants too as does Vertex. Supporting members here can sign up for a web site called Promotive and get Vertex Tactical Clothing at 50% off Retail.

I also have a 5.11 belt and man I think you could hang a car by that thing.

truevil1313 04-05-2011 11:26 AM

I have there pants, belt and several shirts. They are well made and have lasted for some time now. No complaints here.

hogrider 04-05-2011 11:35 AM

I have a belt only so can't say about any if their other gear but I have two complaints. It's made in China one. And the buckle is very cheap. Didn't know that before I bought it. Other than that, it is fairly well made. But would I buy another........no.

fireguy 04-05-2011 12:18 PM

I've bought their station wear pants. Heavy fabric, strong stitching, fits like it should for the size as compared to my wrangler jeans. The station wear pants have pockets in the knees for neoprene kneepads. I don't know if the tactical line has these or not, makes sense if they do.

7point62 04-05-2011 01:42 PM

I like the tactical pants, well-made, good cut, reinforced knees, wide belt loops, plenty of gear pockets placed where they make sense and comfortable.

Tactical Tailor is also another good vendor.

Simpleman 04-05-2011 05:26 PM

Man thank y'all for replying so quickly cpttango30 thanks I will look into the others as well thanks y'all again. I love this site!

locnload 04-06-2011 04:13 PM

I really like the 511 Tacticle pants, they are comfortable, tough, and decent looking enough for all but the most formal occasions. Kind of expensive if you compare to what you could pick up at Wally World, but the 511s will last. I also love the 8" ATAC boots with the zippers on the side as well as the laces so you can lace them up snug, then use the zipper to slip them on or off quickly. As a volunteer fire fighter, that is a big deal, believe me. Good stuff, you can't go wrong with it. ;)

rjgnwdc 04-06-2011 04:24 PM

LAPG great sale on 5.11

I've been shopping here for a few years now they handle all 5.11 product right now you can buy a pair of there tactical pants and get a free belt and they offer free shipping, check it out at this link

LA Police Gear 5.11 Tactical, Galco, Maxpedition, Converse, Bates, Danner, Surefire and Blackhawk

cpttango30 04-06-2011 06:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rjgnwdc (Post 480682)
I've been shopping here for a few years now they handle all 5.11 product right now you can buy a pair of there tactical pants and get a free belt and they offer free shipping, check it out at this link

LA Police Gear 5.11 Tactical, Galco, Maxpedition, Converse, Bates, Danner, Surefire and Blackhawk

You should be supporting a Virginia company man.

Guys Check Quantico Tactical Supply out. I have been to their retail outlet (That is where I got my 5.11 pants) great guys they were laughing and joking with me while I was in there. Customer Service is great as well...

Quantico Tactical Supply Gear - Apparel - Weapons