45-70 opinions!! - Page 7
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > General Rifle Discussion > 45-70 opinions!!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-21-2013, 03:40 PM   #61
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 862 Times on 648 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdauben View Post

I suppose I'm guilty of passing on mostly second hand information. I've seen a couple of "Remlin" lever actions in the LGS and I wasn't impressed with the apparent quality of the guns but I didn't get a chance to shoot either.

On the other hand, I would encourage you to do some web searching of your own if you question the truth of the talk about bad QC. You can find dozens and dozens of FIRST HAND accounts of serious problems with Marlin guns since the take over. Over on the Marlin Owners forum they had to add a new subforum just for all the complaints people were posting about their new guns.

You have to make your own determination in the end. IMO though the evidence is pretty damning that Remington dropped the ball big time when they took over production of the Marlin line.
Well that problem is fixed. At least until someone new buy the freedom arms group that is.....after that who knows

Old 01-21-2013, 05:45 PM   #62
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 3305 Times on 1860 Posts
Likes Given: 18894

Just in Marlin models: 4+1 shots , 1895 , 1895G , 1895GS , Then 6+1 shots , 1895GBL , and 1895SBL !

The 1895SBL is the stainless steel model ..! I love the 45-70,s.....!