.408 cheytac
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > General Rifle Discussion > .408 cheytac

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-20-2007, 07:30 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default .408 cheytac

hey, I was just wondering what everyone's opinion on the .408 cheytac was.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 08-20-2007, 09:55 PM   #2

Default Cheytac

IF they ever get a quality manufacturer to make a CONSISTANTLY loaded round of ammunition, we MAY get to see its performance envelope be impressive but to date, the ammo is a MAJOR problem and there are issues with the rifles themselves.....all coule be resolved for a combination of money and commitment to quality.

Old 08-21-2007, 04:03 AM   #3

Liked 24 Times on 19 Posts
Likes Given: 4

To be honest, I'd never heard of it. After reading a bit, I'd say it falls into the "eargeschplitten loudenboomer" class of weapons, suitable for hunting buses and trucks... If I were ever to fire one, it would involve a tree, some stout strapping, and a long piece of string. Call me a wimp, but .338 Mag is as far as I go.

"Valor needs first strength, then a weapon."
-- J. R. R. Tolkien (1892-1973)

"Free men have arms; slaves do not."
-- William Blackstone (1723-1780)

Old 08-21-2007, 04:57 AM   #4

Default .408 cheytac

I had heard rumors about it for a couple years on the net, and then saw it on futureweapons. on the net I saw 2000yd groups that were pretty impressive, I even saw one that was, If I remember right, 16.75inches (handloads?). rumors of a first-shot kill at 2300+ yards, and on futureweapons it didn't look like it had much kick at all, although it does have a muzzlebreak. on the other hand, there are rumors of rounds developing excessive pressures in the 100+ degree heat of the middle east, with accompanying problems.

Old 08-27-2008, 01:54 PM   #5

I own the M-310 and have to say it is a fantastic rifle. My buddy has a Barrett .416 and my 310 is way more accurate. I set a new personal best almost every time I go to the range.

The only thing that sucks about it is right now Knesek Guns is selling this rifle for almost $1500 less than I paid about a year ago! I paid about $6000, they just offered me one for $4700! If you want one, apparently now is the time.

Closed Thread