338 Winchester Mag - Page 5
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > General Rifle Discussion > 338 Winchester Mag

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-14-2011, 12:17 AM   #41
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 713 Times on 381 Posts
Likes Given: 48

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarlsbadRanger06 View Post
Every chance I get. My Dad and I own 1100 acres in NM, between Carlsbad and Eunice/Jal area where I've built a 1000M range and a 2000M range with 1/2" metal gong targets. I cut them in the shapes of human silhouettes and a few large game also....

I've also got another "Reactive Range", as I call it, that has pre-recorded slurs and quips of BGs from movies. It's also got actuated color targets that I got in an auction that sold off an old PDs equipment. It's a walk through course with 75 different targets and 15 scenarios.

I instruct here in Ga and when I'm in NM. I DO EVERYTHING for free because I enjoy it and I think everyone should know how since, as we all know, the right to have weapons is our God given, American right

Damn man. I need to live near you.

And thanks all for the conversation running here. It's been pretty informative for sure. Keep it going.

I hope I shall possess firmness and virtue enough to maintain what I consider the most enviable of all titles, the character of an honest man.
~George Washington

Old 12-14-2011, 12:35 PM   #42

Liked 11 Times on 8 Posts
Likes Given: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarlsbadRanger06 View Post
Every chance I get. My Dad and I own 1100 acres in NM, between Carlsbad and Eunice/Jal area where I've built a 1000M range and a 2000M range with 1/2" metal gong targets. I cut them in the shapes of human silhouettes and a few large game also....

I've also got another "Reactive Range", as I call it, that has pre-recorded slurs and quips of BGs from movies. It's also got actuated color targets that I got in an auction that sold off an old PDs equipment. It's a walk through course with 75 different targets and 15 scenarios.

I instruct here in Ga and when I'm in NM. I DO EVERYTHING for free because I enjoy it and I think everyone should know how since, as we all know, the right to have weapons is our God given, American right
Well sounds like I will need to look you up sometime. I go to Midland, Monahans, Jal, and Carlsbad semi frequently as I work for a midstream oil & gas firm with assets in those areas. Might be selling my 300 and 338 Win Mags soon but the 30-06 and AR-10 will probably stay in the family for some time to come. Plus a FA Steyr AUG and Ruger AC556 just to keep things interesting, but I'd really like to get better at the 300-500 yard stuff. I'm pretty sure that with these old eyes and less than pristine nerves and muscles at 56, that the 1000 yard days are way behind me no matter what I'm holding. I'm good with that. But it would be a blast to try it out anyway

Old 01-19-2014, 03:52 AM   #43
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 5801 Times on 3029 Posts
Likes Given: 397

Further discussion on this thread serves no purpose.

Please start a fresh thread if the desire to discuss the 338 win mag is desired.

Thanks

"Gun control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound." — L. Neil Smith

The problem with being stupid is you cannot simply decide to stop doing dumb things...

Axxe55 Likes This 
Closed Thread