338 lapua in a savage - Page 3
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > General Rifle Discussion > 338 lapua in a savage

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-10-2011, 02:02 AM   #21
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1177 Times on 767 Posts
Likes Given: 710

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarlsbadRanger06 View Post
Oh well heck. I spent all of '06 in the wonderful city of Ramadi, Iraq. 4th of July all day, everyday, for 16 months! Lol
your ****ting me? i was in ramadi in 06. our FOB was hurricane point. west side of town
when I am torn into strips and used as bandages
for my wounded comrades on the battlefield,
When I fly at half-mast to honor my soldiers,
Or when I lie in the trembling arms
of a grieving mother
at the graveside of her fallen son.

Old 11-10-2011, 02:05 AM   #22

Liked 121 Times on 86 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjfuller1

your ****ting me? i was in ramadi in 06. our FOB was hurricane point. west side of town
I did my sand box time in desert storm camels are in no way like huntin elk haaaa lol sorry had to say it

Old 11-10-2011, 02:18 AM   #23

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjfuller1

Camp Corregidor for me. When I wasn't at Blue Diamond..... Corregidor had Rangers, Frogmen, SF, and a tank company along with some 2nd ID infantry boys....

"Adjust your DOPE Sergeant!....... Not the skunk smellin' stuff in your BugOut bag!!! The stuff that makes you hit that target

"Adjust your DOPE Sergeant! No! Not the pills in your pocket, idiot! That stuff that lets you hit your target Sunshine!"

"Sua Sponte"

The object of war is not to die for your country but to make the other bastard die for his. General George Patton

Old 11-10-2011, 02:30 AM   #24
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Quote:
Camp Corregidor for me. When I wasn't at Blue Diamond..... Corregidor had Rangers, Frogmen, SF, and a tank company along with some 2nd ID infantry boys....

"Adjust your DOPE Sergeant!....... Not the skunk smellin' stuff in your BugOut bag!!! The stuff that makes you hit that target
blue diamond sounds familiar... although i remember for the most part we stayed in our AO's 3rd bat. 8th marines. mostly grunts... dont take this as being mean. just a true story. my fondest memory is of when the armys CO had to come to our base and apolagize for his men firing on our base! they said they saw guys with rifles walking around. he then commended us for not returning fire... our officer's quarters had fifty cal holes.. oops....but any way you look at it that city was the worst of the worst
of a grieving mother

Old 11-10-2011, 02:36 AM   #25

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Oh he'll that's completely believable! Then again I had a Marine Corp HMMWV fire on me and my spotter @ OP Hotel because "they saw a rifle muzzle" in a hide spot. To this day I truly believe that the Pvt on the turret was just itchy on the trigger and saw my hide as a perfect hideout for a Haji sniper, so he opened up HOPING someone was there. Needless to say, he wound up stocking the PX on Camp Ramadi. Lol

"Adjust your DOPE Sergeant! No! Not the pills in your pocket, idiot! That stuff that lets you hit your target Sunshine!"

"Sua Sponte"

The object of war is not to die for your country but to make the other bastard die for his. General George Patton

Old 11-10-2011, 09:57 PM   #26
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Quote:
Oh he'll that's completely believable! Then again I had a Marine Corp HMMWV fire on me and my spotter @ OP Hotel because "they saw a rifle muzzle" in a hide spot. To this day I truly believe that the Pvt on the turret was just itchy on the trigger and saw my hide as a perfect hideout for a Haji sniper, so he opened up HOPING someone was there. Needless to say, he wound up stocking the PX on Camp Ramadi. Lol

ahhh the good old days lol. glad im not ducking mortars any more
of a grieving mother