338 lapua in a savage - Page 2
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > General Rifle Discussion > 338 lapua in a savage

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-09-2011, 01:47 AM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muliemaster

Who would even try to compare a mosin to a 338 an yes the 338 can be a kitty kat with some minor work slaps big ol new mex mulies with some serious authority by the way
That's sorta what I was thinking...... The Mosin Nagant is a good rifle. But it's quite far from being. .338 Lapua! IMO if a person is more concerned with the "concussion" his rifle makes rather than the accuracy of his rifle, he's shooting for all of the wrong reasons. Like I said in a past post, the "concussion" or "vibrations" a rifle makes..... EVEN THE MUZZLE BLAST......... Has absolutely NOTHING to do with anything besides childish amusement.........

"Adjust your DOPE Sergeant! No! Not the pills in your pocket, idiot! That stuff that lets you hit your target Sunshine!"

"Sua Sponte"

The object of war is not to die for your country but to make the other bastard die for his. General George Patton

Old 11-09-2011, 02:11 AM   #12
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1158 Times on 756 Posts
Likes Given: 691

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarlsbadRanger06 View Post
That's sorta what I was thinking...... The Mosin Nagant is a good rifle. But it's quite far from being. .338 Lapua! IMO if a person is more concerned with the "concussion" his rifle makes rather than the accuracy of his rifle, he's shooting for all of the wrong reasons. Like I said in a past post, the "concussion" or "vibrations" a rifle makes..... EVEN THE MUZZLE BLAST......... Has absolutely NOTHING to do with anything besides childish amusement.........
so im to be concerned with the accuracy my 70 yr old rifle can attain? i dont think many of us buy a mosin with the intent on having a submoa rifle.. now perhaps the .338 would be good. but for me i believe thats what my win model 70. 308 and ar 15 are intended for.
when I am torn into strips and used as bandages
for my wounded comrades on the battlefield,
When I fly at half-mast to honor my soldiers,
Or when I lie in the trembling arms
of a grieving mother
at the graveside of her fallen son.

Old 11-09-2011, 02:24 AM   #13

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjfuller1

so im to be concerned with the accuracy my 70 yr old rifle can attain? i dont think many of us buy a mosin with the intent on having a submoa rifle.. now perhaps the .338 would be good. but for me i believe thats what my win model 70. 308 and ar 15 are intended for.
A Mosin Nagant, unless it is just a rusted piece of junk, should still be a lethally accurate rifle..... As in, with the right shooter, more accurate than your .308 OR your AR-15.....

"Adjust your DOPE Sergeant! No! Not the pills in your pocket, idiot! That stuff that lets you hit your target Sunshine!"

"Sua Sponte"

The object of war is not to die for your country but to make the other bastard die for his. General George Patton

Old 11-09-2011, 02:44 AM   #14

Liked 121 Times on 86 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarlsbadRanger06

A Mosin Nagant, unless it is just a rusted piece of junk, should still be a lethally accurate rifle..... As in, with the right shooter, more accurate than your .308 OR your AR-15.....
Fully agree with that carlsbad I have a mosin picked it up at a swap meet in hobbs it shoots killer but I hate that damn gun sorry mosin fans but its an ugly turd well mine is anyway an no I wont spend a dime to make it semi ok lookin

Old 11-09-2011, 03:00 AM   #15

Quote:

Carlsbad where u at these days still in new mex or ????

Old 11-09-2011, 03:34 AM   #16

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Quote:

Carlsbad where u at these days still in new mex or ????
No sir I'm currently stationed at Ft. Benning. Im in Carlsbad for a family emergency, though. In a couple days, it's back to Ga until Thanksgiving.....

"Sua Sponte"

Old 11-09-2011, 05:43 AM   #17

Quote:

No sir I'm currently stationed at Ft. Benning. Im in Carlsbad for a family emergency, though. In a couple days, it's back to Ga until Thanksgiving.....
I was last stationed at ft carson so brother my hand in salute to u hope the fam is ok pal my prayers are with u

Old 11-09-2011, 03:26 PM   #18

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

When we're you at Carson? I was there in '09 for 4 months working with an SF ODA instructing SOTIC refreshers......

"Sua Sponte"

Old 11-09-2011, 08:33 PM   #19

Quote:
When we're you at Carson? I was there in '09 for 4 months working with an SF ODA instructing SOTIC refreshers......
I got out in 06 pal

Old 11-09-2011, 11:18 PM   #20

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Quote:

I got out in 06 pal
Oh well heck. I spent all of '06 in the wonderful city of Ramadi, Iraq. 4th of July all day, everyday, for 16 months! Lol

"Sua Sponte"