Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > General Rifle Discussion > .338

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-01-2012, 11:12 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Is the savage .338 worth spending the money on.

Last edited by huntador; 09-01-2012 at 11:15 PM.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 09-02-2012, 04:32 AM   #2

Liked 401 Times on 284 Posts
Likes Given: 9

To put it simply yes.

But why do you want this gun?
What is its intended purpose?
Do you have any past experience with firearms?

Old 09-02-2012, 05:28 AM   #3

Yes I have lots of experience with guns. I have over ten years in the army. I qualified with and used the 240B, M-4 with a 203, m-16, AT-4, M-2 50 cal, 9m, mark 19, frags, c-4, I shot a 25mm on a bradley witch is the biggest gun I shot. I own a 50 cal black powder and m48 8mm Mauser. Ive hunted with a 30-30 and carry a 357 side arm. I grew up with my dads guns, shooting them a lot. I think I was 5 years old the first time I shot a gun for the first time. It was a 9m, my dad put his hands over mine and I pulled the trigger. I love his m1 carbine. I grew up shooting 22's an ak-47 back when they where legal here, an SKS, 30 06, 12 gauge shot gun, 38 special, a 7m, and a 300 mag. A 45 , Lots of guns.
I'm liking this 338 more and more as I read about it and I be checked it out at sport men's warehouse. I think I'm going to get it. I'll be using it for mostly hunting but for shooting at targets as well. I'm planing on moving up to Alaska in about two years. I think it will be a great rifle for hunting up in the tundra up above Fairbanks. I'll have to wait tell I get back from the Afghanistan again. It's going to be my 3rd tour to the middle east.

Old 09-02-2012, 05:31 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by huntador
Yes I have lots of experience with guns. I have over ten years in the army. I qualified with and used the 240B, M-4 with a 203, m-16, AT-4, M-2 50 cal, 9m, mark 19, frags, c-4, I shot a 25mm on a bradley witch is the biggest gun I shot. I own a 50 cal black powder and m48 8mm Mauser. Ive hunted with a 30-30 and carry a 357 side arm. I grew up with my dads guns, shooting them a lot. I think I was 5 years old the first time I shot a gun for the first time. It was a 9m, my dad put his hands over mine and I pulled the trigger. I love his m1 carbine. I grew up shooting 22's an ak-47 back when they where legal here, an SKS, 30 06, 12 gauge shot gun, 38 special, a 7m, and a 300 mag. A 45 , Lots of guns.
I'm liking this 338 more and more as I read about it and I be checked it out at sport men's warehouse. I think I'm going to get it. I'll be using it for mostly hunting but for shooting at targets as well. I'm planing on moving up to Alaska in about two years. I think it will be a great rifle for hunting up in the tundra up above Fairbanks. I'll have to wait tell I get back from the Afghanistan again. It's going to be my 3rd tour to the middle east.
Well sh!t. Well by all means get the gun. You cant go wrong with a savage enjoy it man.

Old 09-02-2012, 05:49 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by ineverFTF

Well sh!t. Well by all means get the gun. You cant go wrong with a savage enjoy it man.
Thanks man, I'm really liking this idea, I read today that this rifle hold the worlds longest confirmed kill and it was in Afghanistan by a British soldier of about 2700 yards. He just beat the Canadian by 100 yards who used a 50 cal.

Old 09-02-2012, 05:49 AM   #6

Liked 114 Times on 88 Posts
Likes Given: 111

Quote:
Originally Posted by huntador View Post
I think this man has some experience....

!!!!

Old 09-02-2012, 05:59 AM   #7

Quote:

Thanks man, I'm really liking this idea, I read today that this rifle hold the worlds longest confirmed kill and it was in Afghanistan by a British soldier of about 2700 yards. He just beat the Canadian by 100 yards who used a 50 cal.
And thank you for your service. Welcome once again, where are you living that you cant have an AK, cali?

Old 09-02-2012, 06:06 AM   #8

Yes I'm in California, everything is really starting to suck here. There's a lot of people in this state that think they know best for everyone so they do everything they can to take our rights away like our guns and the big thing right now are our 4x4 trails.

Old 09-02-2012, 06:11 AM   #9

Quote:
Yes I'm in California, everything is really starting to suck here. There's a lot of people in this state that think they know best for everyone so they do everything they can to take our rights away like our guns and the big thing right now are our 4x4 trails.
Two years ago they tried very, very hard to shut down the rubicon trail. I can't stand people like that. There taking away everything I fight for because they think it's wrong.

Old 09-02-2012, 06:12 AM   #10

Quote:

Two years ago they tried very, very hard to shut down the rubicon trail. I can't stand people like that. There taking away everything I fight for because they think it's wrong.
Thats awful. I hope you move as soon as possible, good luck and God bless.