32-20 feed problum

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > General Rifle Discussion > 32-20 feed problum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-16-2009, 07:28 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default 32-20 feed problum

yes im back with the same problum:
I have torn this gun down and gone thru it peace by peace, it looks good except for the bushing that goes on the ejector shaft up next to the ejector spring, this bushing rides ageanst the lever cam and acts as a bearring i believe. This bushing looks to be hand made by some one cutting a peace of thick wall steel tubing and not smoothing it up. Here's the problum,I dont know what the length of this bushing should be.The rifle ejects fine but hear lies the problum, i'l try to explain as fully as i can. Whin I lever a round by bringing the lever up, the round is lying on the lifter as it should. as the bolt is brought forward the round fallows the cartrage guids good but just before the led reaches the chamber it raises up about a 32nd of an inch and goes off to the right about the same distance letting the the nose of the led strike the edge of the chamber and stopping it from loading. im woundering if the ejector could be causing this.The lifter and guids look fine. At this point im lost.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 03-16-2009, 11:49 PM   #2

Have you tried experimenting with the COAL? Maybe a bit longer or a bit shorter would do the trick.

Old 03-17-2009, 12:32 AM   #3

If you'r talking about overall case lingth, NO: but if your talking about the burning kind i'm about ready to use that as well.

Old 03-17-2009, 01:15 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by buddy1 View Post
If you'r talking about overall case lingth, NO: but if your talking about the burning kind i'm about ready to use that as well.
Don't know what the burning kind is, but if you seat the bullet more deeply, it might work...or farther out.

Old 03-17-2009, 01:35 AM   #5

The burning kind is the kind you burn in the stove , you let it get good and hot then add rifel this seems to solve problums. [just kiddn] thanks for the come back,I have thought about this to.

Old 03-17-2009, 03:58 PM   #6
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 8963 Times on 3880 Posts
Likes Given: 1401

Buddy- this is a link to the Winchester 1892 page in the Numrich Gun parts Corp on-line catalog- includes a schematic of your rifle, and a listing of parts by name. If nothing else, may give you the proper name of the part. If you have a part that has been Bubba'ed up, would suggest you get a smith to get a correct replacement part. Numrich DOES have some parts available- these are used parts for the most part. Good luck- glad you found what was causing the misfeed. Winchester*|*1892*|*e-GunParts.com