Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > General Rifle Discussion > 308 barrel life

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-29-2008, 03:54 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default 308 barrel life

What is the life expectancy of a 308 barrell? I mostly shoot Lake City out of it

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 11-29-2008, 04:26 AM   #2

Location: I see you, and you will not know when I will strike
Liked 3478 Times on 1609 Posts
Likes Given: 3590

What kind of barrel are you shooting? Also, what twist rate? The Lake City stuff is, what, like 173gr.? Their Match Grade stuff is very good.

I have a Krieger Barrel on my Winchester .308 and I have well over 1,000 rounds through it with no visable signs of throat wear or any wear on the lands and grooves. I have no visions of needing to "replace" this barrel prior to after 5K rounds - but I will be replacing it early for a change to a Mike Rock 5R model - not do to anything other than personal preference and a "need" to try the Mike Rock reputation out for myself.

JD

Old 11-29-2008, 04:50 AM   #3

ruger m77 mkII varmint/target model factory barrel, the lake city is m118 what can you tell me about it? I think it is 168gr but just a thought