.300 win mag vs 7 mag vs .338 win mag - Page 3
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > General Rifle Discussion > .300 win mag vs 7 mag vs .338 win mag

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-10-2011, 02:16 PM   #21
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
94browninghunt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Darien,IL
Posts: 311
Liked 6 Times on 6 Posts
Likes Given: 19

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShagNasty1001 View Post
How good are the Tikka T3 hunter model rifles? Those are the ones I'm looking at

I personally dont own a Tikka made rifle, but i have shot the T3 hunter model, but i liked the browning rifles better, just a better, fit and feel for me. I used to use this one, you might like it :

X-Bolt Composite Stalker, Accurate Bolt Action Lightweight Deer Elk Big Game Hunting Rifle, Browning Firearms Product
__________________
"No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms. The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government" - Thomas Jefferson
94browninghunt is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2011, 05:21 AM   #22
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
ShagNasty1001's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 1,526
Liked 460 Times on 267 Posts
Likes Given: 22

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 94browninghunt

I personally dont own a Tikka made rifle, but i have shot the T3 hunter model, but i liked the browning rifles better, just a better, fit and feel for me. I used to use this one, you might like it :

X-Bolt Composite Stalker, Accurate Bolt Action Lightweight Deer Elk Big Game Hunting Rifle, Browning Firearms Product
I do like the X-Bolt as well. I need to see if academy has them as well in a 7 mag
__________________
ShagNasty1001 is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2011, 03:12 PM   #23
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 2,193
Liked 121 Times on 86 Posts

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShagNasty1001

I do like the X-Bolt as well. I need to see if academy has them as well in a 7 mag
I have an x bolt white gold with alot of engraving done on it my wife got it for me, had it engraved for me its a beauty, to damn nice to hunt with its in a 300 win. But I did do some shootin with it well enough to zero it thats all. The x bolt feels great to hold an shoot tho
__________________
Muliemaster is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2011, 04:29 PM   #24
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
94browninghunt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Darien,IL
Posts: 311
Liked 6 Times on 6 Posts
Likes Given: 19

Default

Muliemaster, i think the X-bolt you're talking about is sort of what i want, but im stuck between beauty vs not being "able" to use it on field haha.

Cant go wrong with a browning though

__________________
"No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms. The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government" - Thomas Jefferson
94browninghunt is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2011, 07:27 PM   #25
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 2,193
Liked 121 Times on 86 Posts

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 94browninghunt
Muliemaster, i think the X-bolt you're talking about is sort of what i want, but im stuck between beauty vs not being "able" to use it on field haha.

Cant go wrong with a browning though
Trust me the x in white gold with the high grade wood is way to sexy to put a mark on period its a safe queen by all means get the x in standard an put her through its paces. That gun she got me an had engraved is a tribute to my grandpa my life hero it has his face on the stock looks so real an his name an life dates on the barrel in 24k gold it is not a huntin gun. That rifle makes me tear up every time a run a hand down it. Yes im a softy
__________________
Muliemaster is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2011, 10:16 PM   #26
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
CourtJester's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: South of the thumb
Posts: 2,834
Liked 735 Times on 396 Posts
Likes Given: 49

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShagNasty1001 View Post
I don't want to have to shoot an elk or big deer or hog twice unless necessary. I want to be sure that the animal will be going down when that first shot hits them and that they won't be getting back up
I agree 100% here. I shot a deer (all-be-it with a bow) when I was a teenager and still feel like $hit about it. I shot and hit it, went for lunch, and came back to follow the blood trail back at about noon. I finally gave up at about 10pm that night.

There is no suck thing as overkill unless you are talking those types of calibers against squirrel or racoons or something like that. And even then it really just depends on what you intend to do with the meat/fur and how much you would like left when you pick it up.
__________________

I hope I shall possess firmness and virtue enough to maintain what I consider the most enviable of all titles, the character of an honest man.
~George Washington

CourtJester is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2011, 11:57 PM   #27
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 2,193
Liked 121 Times on 86 Posts

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by CourtJester

I agree 100% here. I shot a deer (all-be-it with a bow) when I was a teenager and still feel like $hit about it. I shot and hit it, went for lunch, and came back to follow the blood trail back at about noon. I finally gave up at about 10pm that night.

There is no suck thing as overkill unless you are talking those types of calibers against squirrel or racoons or something like that. And even then it really just depends on what you intend to do with the meat/fur and how much you would like left when you pick it up.
Overkill can be as small as a 222 for mice or a 338 for deer, but dead is dead an I love a instant wack an stack pal no blood trails hell im in. I never say overkill ,or to much gun ,if u can handle it ,an handle it well than shoot it
__________________
Muliemaster is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2011, 07:01 PM   #28
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
ShagNasty1001's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 1,526
Liked 460 Times on 267 Posts
Likes Given: 22

Default

So you all would say the .338 or 7 mag?

__________________
ShagNasty1001 is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2011, 07:49 PM   #29
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 2,193
Liked 121 Times on 86 Posts

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShagNasty1001
So you all would say the .338 or 7 mag?
The 338 is my choice but the 300 an the 7mm are both awesome calibers
__________________
Muliemaster is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2011, 07:53 PM   #30
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
skeniger2002's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 139
Default

7mms mag the better choice than 338 there flatter shooting an u save more meat

__________________
skeniger2002 is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes