300 weatherby elk rifle - Page 2

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > General Rifle Discussion > 300 weatherby elk rifle

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-24-2009, 06:53 PM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpttango30 View Post
Bolo send me one of them rifles and I will have my buddy video me shooting it. Then I will send it all right back to ya.
I've got a little over a dozen of the Spartan MK100 338 Lapua Magnum sniper rifles here that need a good home. They weigh 10 lbs with everything except optics, ammunition, and a bipod (that's very lightweight for this type of rifle wouldn't you say?), and bite like a 243 Winchester! That is done by installing a muzzle brake, a spring and weight desgn recoil reducer, and a Decel pad.

You adopt one, and I'll get it right out to your local FFL Dealer, and don't let anyone call you a sissy for shooting it with a brake. A rifle with that much recoil, and that lightweight would be a bitch to shoot without one.

Mike McIntyre
VP Operations
MPI Rifles, LLC
www.mpirifles.com

Old 04-25-2009, 07:39 PM   #12

Liked 7 Times on 6 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by JGant View Post
Didn't realize they have inbreds here at this forum.
==========================================
Jgant are you trying to pick a fight with a senior member here? How about go pound sand at some other forum and try to start some crap elsewhere. The above persons have settled their disputes and came to a some what agreement. If you want drama go check out the goddam soap opera channel or something!

Old 04-26-2009, 01:03 PM   #13

I have hunted for over 50 years and have never been called a sissy for hunting with a muzzle brake. My wife might agree with moron for some of the chances I have taken in pursuit or bear and boar. At my age I doubt I could hold on to my 7MM Wby Mag without the brake and a souped up Kick Eze. I think someone is a moron if they stop doing something they love because part of their equipment gives them a little help. Where would golf be without the new ball designs and the Titanium Drivers and Hybrid clubs?

Old 04-27-2009, 12:56 AM   #14

Liked 34 Times on 29 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bolosniper View Post
I've got a little over a dozen of the Spartan MK100 338 Lapua Magnum sniper rifles here that need a good home. They weigh 10 lbs with everything except optics, ammunition, and a bipod (that's very lightweight for this type of rifle wouldn't you say?), and bite like a 243 Winchester! That is done by installing a muzzle brake, a spring and weight desgn recoil reducer, and a Decel pad.

You adopt one, and I'll get it right out to your local FFL Dealer, and don't let anyone call you a sissy for shooting it with a brake. A rifle with that much recoil, and that lightweight would be a bitch to shoot without one.
10# my varmint rifle weighs more than that.

I visited your site. Site design is sweet by the way. You also are building some very tempting rifles. But if my wife found out that I paid what you are asking (From the quality I see on the site not at all a bad price). she would use it on me, might not shoot me with it but she would sure use it as a club.

OK for all the wanna be's out there. I was having a bad day that day should I have said what I did no. Oh well. Bolo is a good member in good standing and I respect his authority on this matter. He might even get upgraded to supporting member next month. But he has to enter my drawing.

Old 04-27-2009, 08:58 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpttango30 View Post
10# my varmint rifle weighs more than that.

I visited your site. Site design is sweet by the way. You also are building some very tempting rifles. But if my wife found out that I paid what you are asking (From the quality I see on the site not at all a bad price). she would use it on me, might not shoot me with it but she would sure use it as a club.

OK for all the wanna be's out there. I was having a bad day that day should I have said what I did no. Oh well. Bolo is a good member in good standing and I respect his authority on this matter. He might even get upgraded to supporting member next month. But he has to enter my drawing.
What drawing are you talking about brother?

Mike McIntyre
VP Operations
MPI Rifles, LLC
www.mpirifles.com

Old 04-29-2009, 03:36 AM   #16

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts
Likes Given: 1

I would suggest a smaller rifle.. An 06 will kill any animal in north America. As for muzzle brakes I will not hunt with anyone that uses one. Not meany good guides will allow them. Some ranges are not allowing them in my area. I use double hearing protection and still hate sitting next to someone using them. Most of the time I just leave. When you loose your hearing you quit hunting. Try this: a 300 Weatherby with 180 gr has +/- 3" MPBR of 326 yd. A 30-06 with LightMag 180 gr has +/- 3" MPBR of 294 yd. Both have way more energy than is needed to kill the toughest elk that ever walk the earth with a well placed shot.