Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > General Rifle Discussion > .270 .308 or 30-06

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-17-2011, 11:47 AM   #101
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Halifax,Nova Scotia
Posts: 41
Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Default

Hi I would stick with the 270 it will handle all your needs. I have a friend in N.F.L.D. AND ALL HE used for Moose is a 270 .

__________________
TRAPPER1 is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2011, 03:11 PM   #102
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Papa_Woody's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 294
Liked 25 Times on 12 Posts

Default

Already got the .308


ZMAX sealed the deal... Lol

image-3537964350.png  
__________________
Papa_Woody is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2011, 05:28 PM   #103
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Pasco Cty.FL
Posts: 6,510
Liked 2442 Times on 1391 Posts
Likes Given: 1910

Default

Hey, .308 is a very popular caliber.

Which translates to more selections on the

shelf at the LGS...

__________________
therewolf is online now  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2011, 04:13 PM   #104
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Papa_Woody's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 294
Liked 25 Times on 12 Posts

Default

That had a little to do with it. Not that 3006 or .270 aren't easy to find, but I had to make a decision somewhere. .308 just seemed to have the most options.

I can't wait to set this thing out to pasture...

__________________
Papa_Woody is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2011, 04:19 AM   #105
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Ryno702's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Temecula,California
Posts: 111
Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Default

I also just picked up a Savage axis scope combo in .270 for 375 otd. Pick it up on the 5th of the new year. Not a bad rifle for the money. Well we'll see ne ways. Lol

__________________

Guns Don't kill people... Stupid people kill people with Guns!

Ryno702 is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2011, 05:01 AM   #106
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Papa_Woody's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 294
Liked 25 Times on 12 Posts

Default

I had a savage combo in .270 a few years back. Out of the box it took several deer and bear. Never sighted it, shot accurate just as it was for three years until I traded it.

__________________
Papa_Woody is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2011, 06:40 AM   #107
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 2,193
Liked 121 Times on 86 Posts

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Papa_Woody
I had a savage combo in .270 a few years back. Out of the box it took several deer and bear. Never sighted it, shot accurate just as it was for three years until I traded it.
Never set zero ,wow u say u are a hunter huh ok, lazy if u ask me. Buy a combo an then not do a final zero, what ever floats yer boat
__________________
Muliemaster is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2011, 05:58 PM   #108
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Papa_Woody's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 294
Liked 25 Times on 12 Posts

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muliemaster

Never set zero ,wow u say u are a hunter huh ok, lazy if u ask me. Buy a combo an then not do a final zero, what ever floats yer boat
back when I had that savage, I only got a few select days where I could be in the woods. I did not have the opportunity to scout all year and play ultimate hunter. My gun stayed at home while I was out defending your freedom. So when I did get a few days of leave I just picked it up and went. And if it stayed on target, why would I screw with it? Mostly I was there hunting because that was the time I had at home with my friends and family.

Seems to me like you think you are a one of those tough guys, Picking a fight on a forum. That's sad, and i am not looking for a fight. Not here, not with you anyway. I'm sorry you felt the need to call me lazy and challenge my hunting status, but if you knew anything about me and what I have given, it might change your tune a little.
__________________
Papa_Woody is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2011, 09:01 PM   #109
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Pasco Cty.FL
Posts: 6,510
Liked 2442 Times on 1391 Posts
Likes Given: 1910

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Papa_Woody View Post
back when I had that savage, I only got a few select days where I could be in the woods. I did not have the opportunity to scout all year and play ultimate hunter. My gun stayed at home while I was out defending your freedom. So when I did get a few days of leave I just picked it up and went. And if it stayed on target, why would I screw with it? Mostly I was there hunting because that was the time I had at home with my friends and family.

Seems to me like you think you are a one of those tough guys, Picking a fight on a forum. That's sad, and i am not looking for a fight. Not here, not with you anyway. I'm sorry you felt the need to call me lazy and challenge my hunting status, but if you knew anything about me and what I have given, it might change your tune a little.
I'd hate to see what they think of my zeroing methods.

And thank you for your armed forces services, sir. Your time on the

wall is appreciated by all real Americans, whether they know it or not.
__________________
therewolf is online now  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2011, 10:23 PM   #110
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 7
Default

.308 for sure,ballistically a 30.06 with modern bullets and powders and smaller
case size so u can haul a few more with no penalties of any kind......

__________________
oper2nyst is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes