Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > General Rifle Discussion > .270 .308 or 30-06

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-04-2011, 02:31 PM   #91
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Pasco Cty.FL
Posts: 6,510
Liked 2442 Times on 1391 Posts
Likes Given: 1910

Default

Sooo, to recap:

1) Savage

2) 30.06

3) Don't anger large bears!

__________________
therewolf is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2011, 05:46 AM   #92
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Ryno702's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Temecula,California
Posts: 111
Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by therewolf
Sooo, to recap:

1) Savage

2) 30.06

3) Don't anger large bears!
Word. If you piss off a grizzly, curl to the fetal position! Lol
__________________

Guns Don't kill people... Stupid people kill people with Guns!

Ryno702 is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2011, 06:00 AM   #93
The Apocalypse Is Coming.....
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Axxe55's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: East Texas, Texas!
Posts: 27,428
Liked 20074 Times on 11419 Posts
Likes Given: 50632

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryno702 View Post
Word. If you piss off a grizzly, curl to the fetal position! Lol
P.S. don't climb a tree either! bears can climb too!
__________________
Coming From The Village Of The Damned.
Resist All Tyranny And Oppression.
"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil, is that good men do nothing." Edmund Burke.
Axxe55 is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2011, 06:31 PM   #94
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Pasco Cty.FL
Posts: 6,510
Liked 2442 Times on 1391 Posts
Likes Given: 1910

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by axxe55 View Post
P.S. don't climb a tree either! bears can climb too!
Yeah, yeah, yeah, don't run, you'll just die tired, I know...
__________________
therewolf is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2011, 10:30 PM   #95
The Apocalypse Is Coming.....
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Axxe55's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: East Texas, Texas!
Posts: 27,428
Liked 20074 Times on 11419 Posts
Likes Given: 50632

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by therewolf View Post
Yeah, yeah, yeah, don't run, you'll just die tired, I know...
dang, wolf, you do understand about bears! don't forget the 2nd amendment, the right to bear arms and the right to arm bears!
__________________
Coming From The Village Of The Damned.
Resist All Tyranny And Oppression.
"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil, is that good men do nothing." Edmund Burke.
Axxe55 is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2011, 02:58 PM   #96
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Pasco Cty.FL
Posts: 6,510
Liked 2442 Times on 1391 Posts
Likes Given: 1910

Default

IMO the most important aspect of TekGreg's story is he had a hunting

partner.
From what we can see by the story, either would have been in

deep doodoo if they had gone out alone. Always have a partner with you

when hunting dangerous game.

And please join the NRA.(or GOA, OK how about the SFA?, thanks.)

__________________
therewolf is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2011, 03:09 PM   #97
The Apocalypse Is Coming.....
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Axxe55's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: East Texas, Texas!
Posts: 27,428
Liked 20074 Times on 11419 Posts
Likes Given: 50632

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by therewolf View Post
IMO the most important aspect of TekGreg's story is he had a hunting

partner.
From what we can see by the story, either would have been in

deep doodoo if they had gone out alone. Always have a partner with you

when hunting dangerous game.

And please join the NRA.(or GOA, OK how about the SFA?, thanks.)
just remember to be a faster runner than your hunting partner too!
__________________
Coming From The Village Of The Damned.
Resist All Tyranny And Oppression.
"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil, is that good men do nothing." Edmund Burke.
Axxe55 is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2011, 05:56 AM   #98
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Papa_Woody's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 294
Liked 25 Times on 12 Posts

Default

Well, it's long passed, but I finally bought one. Actually the warden got tired of listening to me and bought me a Savage Axis in .308. I pick it up on my birthday. 350 after it was all said and done, scope bipod and sling. 8 days and counting....stupid republic of california

__________________
Papa_Woody is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2011, 02:02 PM   #99
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
dks7895's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: St. Charles,Missouri
Posts: 465
Liked 12 Times on 10 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Default

Fine choice. I really like the .308 Winchester. Keep us updated, and happy birthday.

__________________

Winchester 100 .243; Marlin XS7 .308; Stevens 200 .223; Rossi 92 .45LC; Marlin 1894C .357M; Marlin 30AS .30-30; NEF Pardner Pump 12ga; Mossberg 500 Turkey 20ga; Winchester 1200 20ga; Savage Mark II F .22LR; Henry H001 .22LR; Marlin 60SB .22LR; Ruger 10/22 DSP .22LR; Browning SA-22 .22LR; Savage 93R17 GV .17HMR; Remington Genesis .50 cal ML; Ruger SR1911 .45ACP; Ruger Vaquero .45LC; Ruger Blackhawk .357M; Ruger SR9c 9mm; Ruger Single-Six .22LR; Browning Buck Mark Camper .22LR

dks7895 is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2011, 10:19 PM   #100
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Ryno702's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Temecula,California
Posts: 111
Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Papa_Woody
Well, it's long passed, but I finally bought one. Actually the warden got tired of listening to me and bought me a Savage Axis in .308. I pick it up on my birthday. 350 after it was all said and done, scope bipod and sling. 8 days and counting....stupid republic of california
Congrats... Hope you have a fun birthday. Hahaha.
__________________

Guns Don't kill people... Stupid people kill people with Guns!

Ryno702 is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes