Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > General Rifle Discussion > .257 roberts

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-22-2013, 03:12 AM   #41
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 267 Times on 188 Posts
Likes Given: 33

I have a .257 Roberts my dad built off of a Mauser action I'll post pics when I get home, sweet rifle but it weighs 3x as much as my .308 but I don't really mind

Mamas don't let your cowboys grow up to be babies.
better dead than red

Old 06-22-2013, 03:14 AM   #42
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 6747 Times on 3669 Posts
Likes Given: 5796

I have killed a spike elk with my 25.06. I don't recommend that to anyone here, as they probably don't have the patience and skillz to get as close to the game as I can.

But for antelope, deer, and any varmint that walks the earth, you best get under ground when you see me packing my Sako.

Old 06-22-2013, 03:14 AM   #43

Liked 672 Times on 462 Posts
Likes Given: 677

Quote:
Originally Posted by HockaLouis View Post
LOL Oh the horror! It IS sacrilege.

Now if you'll excuse me, Cottontop has stopped making any sense at all and I have an international competition tomorrow at Creedmoor... Some idjut wants us to use that newfangled smokeless powder .257 Roberts round but I told that whipper-snapper that blackpowder, muzzle-loaders, and .58 caliber Minie Balls will never be bettered and that they're NOT almost obsolete!
So, How many times does it take you editing to piss people off even more??

Grow up.

Freedom is not free. The best of us always leave too soon.

People Like This 
Old 06-22-2013, 03:17 AM   #44

Liked 813 Times on 621 Posts
Likes Given: 125

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpattersonnh View Post
I thought you were a decent guy. Now I realize what an @ss you really are. Simply amazing that you dog people for an opinion. You are stating yours. Talking to people like they are trash shows what a coward you really are. Hide behind a keyboard. You are better suited for Arf.com w/ the rest of the 15 year old mall ninjas.
Geez, you didn't even give me a chance to finish being sarcastic...

OK, you go on implying "the .257 Roberts is" the equivalent of "the 7x57. .30-06" and "8x57."

All anybody, including the OP, has to do is, as I said, GO LOOK AT A SHELF OF AMMUNITION. If the .257 Roberts doesn't make a respectable appearance, I recommend not buying that particular bargain.

Old 06-22-2013, 03:27 AM   #45

Liked 67 Times on 37 Posts

Quote:
LOL Oh the horror! It IS sacrilege.

Now if you'll excuse me, Cottontop has stopped making any sense at all and I have an international competition tomorrow at Creedmoor... Some idjut wants us to use that newfangled smokeless powder .257 Roberts round but I told that whipper-snapper that Remington Rolling Blocks will never be bettered and that they're NOT almost obsolete!
It's almost as if you are arguing For my side!
The attached pic is of that obsolete Rolling Block action that you mention (before yr mid-stream edit) chambered to shoot full-power Hornady 308 rounds! I see my point is nicely being made without further input, I'll just sign off & ride toward the Rockies. It's been fun, as always! 6.5 Swede
20130531_182157.jpg  
Old 06-22-2013, 03:29 AM   #46
The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

Liked 19961 Times on 11347 Posts
Likes Given: 50323

a lot of cartidges have regional popularity. with my LGS stocking 257 Roberts in another town and two pawn shops carrying it in the town i live near, i can't see them stocking ammo that doesn't sell. that is just not good business sense. my sources of ammo for my 280 Rem. i would have to drive out of town to my LGS, as no one carries it where i live. many years ago, when i did own a 257 Roberts, i never had a problem getting ammo and i didn't even reload back then. reloading offers up options not afforded to those who only shoot factory ammo. as a reloader, i am not at the mercy of what ammo is stocked and what isn't.

Old 06-22-2013, 03:44 AM   #47

Liked 813 Times on 621 Posts
Likes Given: 125

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6_5swedeforelk View Post
It's almost as if you are arguing For my side!
The attached pic is of that obsolete Rolling Block action that you mention (before yr mid-stream edit) chambered to shoot full-power Hornady 308 rounds! I see my point is nicely being made without further input, I'll just sign off & ride toward the Rockies. It's been fun, as always! 6.5 Swede
Swede, I have many myself from Civil War breechloader thru 7mm Mauser. I took a position on one dying cartridge in the final gasps of life and people go ballistic as though the center of their life has been exposed for the odd and less-meaningful menagerie.

Old 06-22-2013, 03:55 AM   #48

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anna_Purna View Post
I have killed a spike elk with my 25.06. I don't recommend that to anyone here, as they probably don't have the patience and skillz to get as close to the game as I can.
Bite your tongue, Anna!
And look behind you... that's me 20ft behind you!!!

Closest that I stalked was 6 paces from a huge 6x7.
Had worked my way into his noon-bedding sanctuary (38 rubs) then cut loose with a spiker squeal- almost got in trouble!
Old 06-22-2013, 04:09 AM   #49

Quote:
Swede, I have many myself from Civil War breechloader thru 7mm Mauser. I took a position on one dying cartridge in the final gasps of life and people go ballistic as though the center of their life has been exposed for the odd and less-meaningful menagerie.
Humor me please, this is just a diversion of the mind for me.
You wouldn't have heard above/below? the 49th but Alberta is being hit with a mini-Katrina deluge. Trans-Canada hiway out, evacuations everywhere & I've got 10 family members in the midst. All there is on Alberta Outdoors sites is warnings of more to come!

Old 06-22-2013, 04:33 AM   #50

Quote:

Now who is not making sense?
ct

People Like This