.243 Rifle?? - Page 3
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > General Rifle Discussion > .243 Rifle??

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-13-2011, 03:34 PM   #21
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 862 Times on 648 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by hardluk1
Soooo much for a rifle test ONE bullet type and make. Pull with a strng. really, a string. If a smithy is testing for accuracy he should be useing a hydrolic trigger not pulling string. And more than one redum brand and bullet. Even note in even cheap rag rifle test they use many diffenrt brands of ammo and bullets. Some smithy you got there. Can make for very slanted test. Probably one 3 shot group with each.
If you had read my post we shot 5 shot groups adding up to a full box per rifle. And why use a hydrolic trigger when our tester is the same one remington has used for about 20 years. We also used that one brand only cuz as jonas said it was a teat from boredom and also bc that load is consistently accurate through most guns.

God didnt make all men equal colonel sam colt did

Old 12-13-2011, 05:22 PM   #22

Liked 263 Times on 208 Posts
Likes Given: 25

marlinman No group size ... 1/2" or 1 1/2" , Not just a difference in group. At a 100 yards right. But by now that marlin may shoot 1/2" at hundred yard. Yep your right ,remmy does use a string but only to see if a random rifle goes bang. They also use barreled actions in a machine rest with a mechanicaly operated trigger for accuracy control test. Only working thru boredom!! Then its not worth bragging on and saying the marlin is waaay better than brand B with only one ammo reguardless of how many rounds fired means nothing. Most shooters have seen two rifles shoot very different group size with 2 very different bullets and brands. Even lot to lot number changes can have you looking for a different ammo. Just means someone is very proud of the marlin.

Bottom line if you like your marlin then good for you .

Old 12-13-2011, 05:33 PM   #23

Liked 121 Times on 86 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by hardluk1
marlinman No group size ... 1/2" or 1 1/2" , Not just a difference in group. At a 100 yards right. But by now that marlin may shoot 1/2" at hundred yard. Yep your right ,remmy does use a string but only to see if a random rifle goes bang. They also use barreled actions in a machine rest with a mechanicaly operated trigger for accuracy control test. Only working thru boredom!! Then its not worth bragging on and saying the marlin is waaay better than brand B with only one ammo reguardless of how many rounds fired means nothing. Most shooters have seen two rifles shoot very different group size with 2 very different bullets and brands. Even lot to lot number changes can have you looking for a different ammo. Just means someone is very proud of the marlin.

Bottom line if you like your marlin then good for you .
Im not tryin to upset or make a personal attack here dont take me wrong, but the marlins are proven to be every bit as accurate as the savages, but yes it all comes down to personal choice. Savage arms are a awesome value period as is the marlin, lets not rip on each other over the one thing we all here truely love an thats firearms.

Old 12-13-2011, 05:47 PM   #24

Liked 862 Times on 648 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muliemaster

Im not tryin to upset or make a personal attack here dont take me wrong, but the marlins are proven to be every bit as accurate as the savages, but yes it all comes down to personal choice. Savage arms are a awesome value period as is the marlin, lets not rip on each other over the one thing we all here truely love an thats firearms.
Sounds good to me.

God didnt make all men equal colonel sam colt did

Old 12-15-2011, 10:54 PM   #25

Liked 8 Times on 8 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Well, kinda glad I waited.. The Savage (Edge) Axis has dropped the price. I found it for $262. no scope, Better Rifle than the Stevens..

Old 12-16-2011, 03:49 PM   #26

Liked 263 Times on 208 Posts
Likes Given: 25

muliemaster I am not, but one brand of ammo does not tell much about either gun and group sizes or lack of??. Only a diffence in size. But heck with it. Brand to me never ment anything, I never bought a brand because of the company name no matter who.