Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > General Rifle Discussion > .243 Rifle??

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-12-2011, 11:15 PM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 862 Times on 648 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Txhillbilly

And how is the Marlin x7, 10x the gun? I've seen them,and they really didn't make me want one.But I like a rifle that I can set up the way I want it.

Glockman,The Stevens 200 is just a stripped down Savage 10/110.Anything that fits on a Savage fits on them.
You should be able to get it for less,new they are around $325
The marlins have a great trigger already and will out shoot ANY NEW savage out straight out of the box

God didnt make all men equal colonel sam colt did

Old 12-12-2011, 11:19 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by glockman55

Thanks for the clarification..and I don't care for the feel of Remington, and the junk 770 should be discontinued.. I know thats just one Bad rifle they make but they did have some issues with the 700 firing as the bolt was closed. I witnessed this in Deer camp one year. Like all low end /cost Rifles you will have some things that arent up to snuff like the junk trigger in the Stevens. For $60. a Rifle Basix will do just fine. By no means do I think of myself as an expert on firearms, I just know what I like..and I do like Savage Rifles.
The bolt firing problem has been addressed on here several times and is called ghost firing which remington has fixed and was most of the time caused by someone who didnt know what the hell they were doing messing w the trigger trying to make it lighter

Old 12-13-2011, 01:04 AM   #13
Crazy Azz Redneck
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1155 Times on 667 Posts
Likes Given: 556

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marlinman View Post
The marlins have a great trigger already and will out shoot ANY NEW savage out straight out of the box
Marlinman,The X7's trigger is just a copy of Savages' Accu-trigger,and it might be able to out shoot the Stevens 200 out of the box,but not a Savage.
But then again,that all depends on the shooter.
I have a couple pre-Accu-trigger Savages that shoot really good also,without a great trigger.

Everybody has brands that they think are better,but it all comes down to what someone likes.

Lifetime Member-
NRA
Texas State Rifle Association
North American Hunting Club

Old 12-13-2011, 01:19 AM   #14

Quote:

Marlinman,The X7's trigger is just a copy of Savages' Accu-trigger,and it might be able to out shoot the Stevens 200 out of the box,but not a Savage.
I have a couple pre-Accu-trigger Savages that shoot really good also,without a great trigger.

Everybody has brands that they think are better,but it all comes down to what someone likes.
Yes it is everyones choice. Me and my gunsmith master put a x7 in 308 against a savage axis,110, and model 12 all in 308 in a vice then shot them using string tied to the trigger. Shooting federal powershok 150 grains and the x7 shot the best 5 shot group. It was a boredom curiousity test. It out shot the axxis by .12, and the 12 by .09, the 110 by .0312

Old 12-13-2011, 01:26 AM   #15

Liked 121 Times on 86 Posts

Quote:

Its not even close to a copy of savages accu trigger not even close look before u try to say it is. The design it very different, am I for the x7 over a savage yes I am, do I own a savage yes 2 of them the 114 american classics with the accu trigger, great guns no doubt, most accurate out of the box haa not even. Savage is not the best as some think they are thats a fact .

Old 12-13-2011, 01:29 AM   #16

Liked 121 Times on 86 Posts

Quote:

An yes they have been put against the savage in many out of the box tests an well the savage did not out shoot them sorry savage guys the x7 will out shoot them

Old 12-13-2011, 01:41 AM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muliemaster

An yes they have been put against the savage in many out of the box tests an well the savage did not out shoot them sorry savage guys the x7 will out shoot them
In any caliber at that

Old 12-13-2011, 02:13 AM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muliemaster

Hey check your PM's mon ami

Old 12-13-2011, 01:14 PM   #19

Liked 214 Times on 172 Posts
Likes Given: 15

Soooo much for a rifle test ONE bullet type and make. Pull with a strng. really, a string. If a smithy is testing for accuracy he should be useing a hydrolic trigger not pulling string. And more than one redum brand and bullet. Even note in even cheap rag rifle test they use many diffenrt brands of ammo and bullets. Some smithy you got there. Can make for very slanted test. Probably one 3 shot group with each.

Old 12-13-2011, 03:12 PM   #20
The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

Liked 20934 Times on 11892 Posts
Likes Given: 52492

Quote:
Originally Posted by hardluk1 View Post
Soooo much for a rifle test ONE bullet type and make. Pull with a strng. really, a string. If a smithy is testing for accuracy he should be useing a hydrolic trigger not pulling string. And more than one redum brand and bullet. Even note in even cheap rag rifle test they use many diffenrt brands of ammo and bullets. Some smithy you got there. Can make for very slanted test. Probably one 3 shot group with each.
it was done out of boredom, it wasn't a scientific endeavor! but just shows that different rifles are accurate and guns tend to be accurate with different ammo. i have owned many different brands of rifles over the years, and have found that if you take the time to find an ammo choice that will work for that particular rifle, it will be accurate. now that i reload for all my centerfire rifles, i can even take it a step futher by trying different powders and bullets.

out of the box, throw a good scope on it, for the price NIB, i'll go with the marlin hands down. if i run across a good deal on a remington M700, i'll jump on it. but as the price of remingtons have gotten higher for new ones, i only tend to buy them used now. i really like the ruger M77's but the price on them has gotten stupidly high, and the winchester M70's the same.