Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > General Rifle Discussion > 223 rifles a mistake to own?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-05-2013, 04:17 AM   #61
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 4781 Times on 2677 Posts
Likes Given: 1736

The CZ 611 Take Down clip fed Bruno is a .22 Mag. These rifles use 10 rd or 6 rd Mags. They are made from bar stock steel and walnut. They are gooved for a scope. They can punch 20 Federal .22 Mags in a 1' group very fast. It is a mate to my S&W 48 4" .22 Mag.

Old 01-05-2013, 05:03 PM   #62

Liked 909 Times on 608 Posts
Likes Given: 1497

Quote:
Originally Posted by axxe55 View Post
some cartridges it may be more feasable to buy rather than reload, eg.; 9mm, 45 acp, 223, ect.,,,,, but even depending on personal usage of these, you can still see a cost savings. personally i do still buy some factory ammo, but mainly for using for practice and to have the brass for reloading.

also, a person can find room to reload in just about any type of living conditions. my father when were groing up in Houston, we lived in a two bedroom apartment. he reloaded his ammo on the coffee table and stored everything in the hall closet.
I agree it really doesn't take much room to reload, but personally I wouldn't in an apartment. I don't think the neighbors would understand that primer accidentally going off?

Old 01-05-2013, 05:34 PM   #63
Deader Bears=Better Bears

Liked 5617 Times on 3303 Posts
Likes Given: 4695

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigdaddy573 View Post
You can give it to me I been looking for a old 22 mag for 7 mouths but I cant find one for the life of me lol
If you were in MS, we could work something out, but i would be embarassed to take this to an FFL. It is that ugly.

Dead Bears, the only good kind.
GANDER MOUNTAIN OF HATTIESBURG, MS IS OVERPRICED, HAS LOUSY CUSTOMER SERVICE, & SELLS BEAT UP PISTOLS TO LITTLE OLD LADIES AS "NEW". :p

Old 01-05-2013, 05:36 PM   #64

Liked 34 Times on 29 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by orangello

If you were in MS, we could work something out, but i would be embarassed to take this to an FFL. It is that ugly.
Lol make it a diy project

Old 01-06-2013, 12:04 PM   #65

Liked 38 Times on 32 Posts
Likes Given: 232

Quote:
Originally Posted by TLuker View Post
I agree it really doesn't take much room to reload, but personally I wouldn't in an apartment. I don't think the neighbors would understand that primer accidentally going off?
I live in an apartment, and my 2nd BR doubles as an office and a gun work room. I have a reloading table.

BUT... I live alone and I don't have the responsibilities that Hawkguy does.
I have my bike with a training stand in my "dining room".

So, I can get away with "decor" that very few women would put up with.

PatMan

"You'll put your eye out, kid"

”You cannot invade the mainland United States. There would be a rifle behind each blade of grass.”
~Admiral Isoroku Yamamoto

"DUMP HICKENLOOPER".. my future bumper sticker.

Old 01-06-2013, 01:22 PM   #66

Liked 292 Times on 221 Posts

I live in a apartment also. I am in the middle of getting into reloading. It's just me and my wife in a 1 bedroom. My reloading bench is in the living room. It's a good conversation pice if you ask me lol.

A primer going off would do the people who live around me some good.

Old 01-06-2013, 02:30 PM   #67

I lived in a duplex when I stared and I set a few off and no one ever said a word about it got to remember all a primer will do is go "pop" not bang!!!!!

Old 01-06-2013, 02:48 PM   #68

Liked 292 Times on 221 Posts

I scared the heck out if the people who live under me. About 10:00 pm I walked out to the car to put my bags for work in it. The trunk light went out so I used the flash light on my XD. After I finished I stuck my gun under my arm and locked up the car. I walked around the corner and was about to go up the stares. As I reholsterd my gun I noticed the people who live under me was looking out the window at me. They saw my gun in plain sight in my hand. It was dark and I had on a sock hat (it was really cold) so I don't think they saw who I was. About 10-15 minuets after I left for work. As I was pulling out 4 cop cars pulled in. I turned around 2 cops never got out the car. The other 2 just walked into the woods. 10 min after they got in there cars and left. "Grate job guys"

Old 01-06-2013, 03:02 PM   #69

Quote:
Originally Posted by lbwar15 View Post
I scared the heck out if the people who live under me. About 10:00 pm I walked out to the car to put my bags for work in it. The trunk light went out so I used the flash light on my XD. After I finished I stuck my gun under my arm and locked up the car. I walked around the corner and was about to go up the stares. As I reholsterd my gun I noticed the people who live under me was looking out the window at me. They saw my gun in plain sight in my hand. It was dark and I had on a sock hat (it was really cold) so I don't think they saw who I was. About 10-15 minuets after I left for work. As I was pulling out 4 cop cars pulled in. I turned around 2 cops never got out the car. The other 2 just walked into the woods. 10 min after they got in there cars and left. "Grate job guys"
Lol ya there not good at there job we was friends with the people who lived next to us and about 1clock in the morning I set a pack of firecrackers off to scare them just to be an azz

Old 01-06-2013, 03:37 PM   #70

Liked 1002 Times on 696 Posts
Likes Given: 346

Quote:
Originally Posted by lbwar15 View Post
The police all over have the same problem with people calling about a gun. It is legal to shoot all you want on your own property where I live. Everyone knows it's legal yet they still call the police every time they hear someone shooting. The police come out and give them some lip service. Then they go on about their business. One officer stopped to tell me that someone had complained about me shooting. He said to shoot all I want. The proper facilities are in place and the bullets are staying on my property. The officer complained he doesn't understand why all these people moved to Franklin county. They knew we have no noise ordinances about shooting and the board of commissioners have no intention of passing laws that can't be enforced. People will just start trespassing to shoot and leave before police can respond.

Nothing in the affairs of men is worthy of great anxiety - Plato