223 rifles a mistake to own? - Page 4
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > General Rifle Discussion > 223 rifles a mistake to own?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-04-2013, 03:14 PM   #31
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 3242 Times on 1936 Posts
Likes Given: 2328

Quote:
Originally Posted by 70cuda383 View Post
just messing with you! and I understand your point. reloading your own ammo takes time. sometimes, a person doesn't have time to spend hours sitting around on the reloading press. I know that between raising 2 boys, work, house work, yard work, etc. my time is pretty much full. I haven't been to the range to shoot live ammo in about 5 months. Just don't have the time!

maybe when the boys are older (as in out of high school) I'll have more time, and when I'm closer to retirement, I'll have more time and could look at reloading then.

Until then, I keep my brass, save the steel case stuff for the next trip to the scrap yard. I've got a heck of a store of empty brass already. maybe I could trade it to someone for some reloaded ammo?
exactly, thank you! that is all my trying to say. not everyone CAN reload, please don't assume that i can.

and thanks for the laugh.

Old 01-04-2013, 03:16 PM   #32

Liked 2220 Times on 1525 Posts
Likes Given: 820

A few months after the current buying spree (there is no shortage of ammo) ammo will be cheap again. Plants can make ammo to meet demand. But they can't deliver it fast enough. Distributors will buy ammo to meet current demand and the demand won't be there. They will have to sell ammo cheap. Sadly, it's going to take a while to happen.

Last edited by John_Deer; 01-04-2013 at 03:18 PM.

Old 01-04-2013, 03:20 PM   #33

Liked 3242 Times on 1936 Posts
Likes Given: 2328

Quote:
Originally Posted by John_Deer View Post
A few months after the current buying spree (there is no shortage of ammo) ammo will be cheap again. Distributors will buy ammo to meet current demand and the demand won't be there. They will have to sell ammo cheap. Sadly, it's going to take a while to happen.
i agree. but in the mean time, i literally CAN"T shoot my 223 rifles. its not the first time finding decently priced ammo for 223 is next to impossible. just wondering if i should dump one and invest in another caliber that isn't wiped off the shelves every few months? starting to seem like the right thing to do.

Old 01-04-2013, 03:22 PM   #34

Liked 78 Times on 48 Posts
Likes Given: 121

Another reason to have a sufficient stock.

“To the distinguished character of patriot, it should be our highest glory to add
the more distinguished character of Christian.” --George Washington

"If we make peaceful revolution impossible, we make violent revolution inevitable." --John F. Kennedy

Old 01-04-2013, 04:48 PM   #35
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 801 Times on 508 Posts
Likes Given: 241

Quote:
The Possibility if a gun band. This will make some guns nearly impossible to git if you don't already have it. It could also make certain calibers of ammo hard to find and more expansive. It could also ban mags with more than a 10 round capacity illegal. Could possibly ban mags completely.

Depends on how bad it is. Some don't even thank a ban will pass. Hope for the best prepare for the worst
Fair point i personally don't think anything will change. Can the government ban certain firearms or is it up to the individual states. ?

If there is a ban do they ban the sale of certain firearms or the ownership. ?

Old 01-04-2013, 04:52 PM   #36
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 5738 Times on 3362 Posts
Likes Given: 4877

.223? Sure, everybody needs a good long-range squirrel rifle.
Old 01-04-2013, 04:59 PM   #37

Liked 293 Times on 221 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by manta

Fair point i personally don't think anything will change. Can the government ban certain firearms or is it up to the individual states. ?

If there is a ban do they ban the sale of certain firearms or the ownership. ?
Yes the government can ban certain firearms. Example the Clinton assault weapon ban. The state can also ban certain firearms In there state. They can also be ban in individual cities.

They can ban the sale and ownership of weapons and even certain accessories. But in most cases they will only ban the seal. But there are places that ban ownership.

Now days the government tends to do whatever it wont's. Even tho they are not allowed to.

Old 01-04-2013, 05:02 PM   #38

Liked 80 Times on 58 Posts

The thing that gets me the most about Dianne Feinstein's new AWB is to not be able to pass the firearms on to your kids when you die. And it really kills me to think of a M1 carbine being destroyed. That's like killing a war veteran,

Old 01-04-2013, 06:09 PM   #39

Liked 38 Times on 32 Posts
Likes Given: 236

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkguy View Post
ugh. this isn't directed at you so much as ALL reloaders. i have really heard the line "learn to reolad" more than enough. y'all should really stop assuming that everyone has the time, space, and money to invest in this hobby/skill. i certainly don't have enough of any of the three! its just an old tired line at this point.

The ammo "shortage" has fluctuated, that's for sure. Feast and famine.

Reloading is not the most fun thing I've ever done, but being able to shoot my AR15 is higher on that list.

Please note: I am NOT suggesting that you reload. No sir. Not me.

"You'll put your eye out, kid"

”You cannot invade the mainland United States. There would be a rifle behind each blade of grass.”
~Admiral Isoroku Yamamoto

"DUMP HICKENLOOPER".. my future bumper sticker.

Last edited by pnolans; 01-04-2013 at 07:05 PM.

Old 01-04-2013, 06:41 PM   #40

Default reloading

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkguy View Post
ugh. this isn't directed at you so much as ALL reloaders. i have really heard the line "learn to reolad" more than enough. y'all should really stop assuming that everyone has the time, space, and money to invest in this hobby/skill. i certainly don't have enough of any of the three! its just an old tired line at this point.

If you hear it so many times, there must be some truth to it. You've got time to participate in a shooter's forum, you've got time to reload. Sounds like a lot of excuses. What's the real reason?
cottontop