22-250
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > General Rifle Discussion >

22-250


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-18-2012, 12:10 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
BullseyePrecision's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 348
Liked 16 Times on 14 Posts

Default 22-250

Whats the best brand for this caliber? If you have one please share your experience. Im looking to purchase one in the near future.
BullseyePrecision is offline  
 
Reply With Quote

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here


Old 01-18-2012, 12:21 AM   #2
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
bigdaddy573's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 1,495
Liked 40 Times on 32 Posts

Default

I use remington express and winchester ballistic silvertip In my savage edge with great accuracy out to 100 yards
bigdaddy573 is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2012, 12:41 AM   #3
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
BullseyePrecision's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 348
Liked 16 Times on 14 Posts

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigdaddy573
I use remington express and winchester ballistic silvertip In my savage edge with great accuracy out to 100 yards
Ive been looking at savage. Does yours have the accutrigger "I think its called"
BullseyePrecision is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2012, 12:57 AM   #4
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
bigdaddy573's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 1,495
Liked 40 Times on 32 Posts

Default

No it dont but the trigger on mine realy aint to heavy for what i use it for
bigdaddy573 is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2012, 01:38 AM   #5
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
dragunovsks's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: West of Louisville KY,Indiana
Posts: 2,310
Liked 201 Times on 138 Posts

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BullseyePrecision

Ive been looking at savage. Does yours have the accutrigger "I think its called"
Ive got that rifle, the savage model 11 in 22-250. Doesnt have the accu trigger, ive been using winchester super-x. Its like 32 bucks for a box of 40 at my local gunstore.
__________________
Century Arms AR-15A2, 5.56
1946 Mosin-Nagant M44, 7.62x54R
1978 YUGO SKS, 7.62x39
NEF Protector Pump, 12 gauge
Savage Model 64, .22LR
NEF Pardner Tracker II, 12 gauge
Rock Island Armory 1911A1, .45 ACP
Remington 870 'Express Magnum' 12 gauge
Bersa Thunder .380
dragunovsks is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2012, 01:56 AM   #6
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
BullseyePrecision's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 348
Liked 16 Times on 14 Posts

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragunovsks

Ive got that rifle, the savage model 11 in 22-250. Doesnt have the accu trigger, ive been using winchester super-x. Its like 32 bucks for a box of 40 at my local gunstore.
How do you like the gun?
BullseyePrecision is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2012, 02:24 AM   #7
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
bigdaddy573's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 1,495
Liked 40 Times on 32 Posts

Default

I love mine it shoots like a dream and I think timney trigger makes a aftermarket trigger for it now
bigdaddy573 is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2012, 02:54 AM   #8
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
dragunovsks's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: West of Louisville KY,Indiana
Posts: 2,310
Liked 201 Times on 138 Posts

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BullseyePrecision

How do you like the gun?
I havent shot it a whole lot yet, got about 60 rounds through it but i like it so far. The action is very smooth, mine has the black synthetic stock with a bushnell 3-9x40 scope up top. Ive yet to fire it at distance of more than 100 yards. When i get my lead sled solo in from bass pro im gonna take it out and see how far out i can hit with it.

Id never fired or been around a 22-250 when shooting before i got mine and was surprised the recoil is very little but it makes one helluva pop when shot. A very sharp crack really.
__________________
Century Arms AR-15A2, 5.56
1946 Mosin-Nagant M44, 7.62x54R
1978 YUGO SKS, 7.62x39
NEF Protector Pump, 12 gauge
Savage Model 64, .22LR
NEF Pardner Tracker II, 12 gauge
Rock Island Armory 1911A1, .45 ACP
Remington 870 'Express Magnum' 12 gauge
Bersa Thunder .380
dragunovsks is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2012, 03:03 PM   #9
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
BullseyePrecision's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 348
Liked 16 Times on 14 Posts

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragunovsks

I havent shot it a whole lot yet, got about 60 rounds through it but i like it so far. The action is very smooth, mine has the black synthetic stock with a bushnell 3-9x40 scope up top. Ive yet to fire it at distance of more than 100 yards. When i get my lead sled solo in from bass pro im gonna take it out and see how far out i can hit with it.

Id never fired or been around a 22-250 when shooting before i got mine and was surprised the recoil is very little but it makes one helluva pop when shot. A very sharp crack really.
Let us know how it goes when you get the sled.
BullseyePrecision is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2012, 03:18 PM   #10
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
bigdaddy573's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 1,495
Liked 40 Times on 32 Posts

Default

I just got back from shooting :-D. And this what I got

forumrunner_20120118_101640.jpg

Thats a 1in circle I had at a 100 yards

forumrunner_20120118_101627.jpg
bigdaddy573 is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes




Newest Threads