20mm the new 50?
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > General Rifle Discussion > 20mm the new 50?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-13-2011, 08:39 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Default 20mm the new 50?

Me and some guys at work got talking, they have 20mm rifles out had them for a while the 50 started out as a mounted weapon (not counting the boys anti tank rifle) then it slowly developed into a sniper rifle/ anti material rifle. They have 20mm rifles for anti material and what not but will they be like the 50 cal is now in the future what do y'all think?

"cake or death! I'll have the cake then... SORRY WHERE OUT OF CAKE!... so it's or death? I'll have the chicken then please." Eddy Izzard

"so a suppose your going to kill me now? no he is I'm just here to watch"

"you know why guns are better then a woman?... you can put a silencer on a gun."

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 07-13-2011, 08:48 PM   #2

Liked 9 Times on 5 Posts
Likes Given: 3

Short answer: No

Long answer: No because of the geneva convention. (atleats for a sniper rifle)

As for anti vehicle rifles and such, they already exist. They existed pre ww2. Look up Lahti and Solothurn.

Check out my blog:http://ithinkforme.blogspot.com/

Old 07-13-2011, 09:13 PM   #3

Liked 1441 Times on 812 Posts
Likes Given: 1290

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cory2 View Post
Short answer: No

Long answer: No because of the geneva convention. (atleats for a sniper rifle)

As for anti vehicle rifles and such, they already exist. They existed pre ww2. Look up Lahti and Solothurn.
+1 Cory

20mm rifles are everywhere!

MAG-FED 20MM RIFLE - Anzio Ironworks
redneckhunter.jpg   lahti20mm.jpg   solothurn20mma.jpg   20mm.jpg   magfed20mm50cal.jpg  

http://i1060.photobucket.com/albums/...ps18cfbeae.jpg

Get her dirty, then clean her so she starts to respect you. When her trust is complete, she will serve you well for a lifetime!

"...if doves shot back, there wouldn't be a need for a bag limit."
- orangello

Old 07-13-2011, 10:07 PM   #4

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

I had no clue they were banned via the convention as use for military snipers. My thought was because how popular the 50 has become with infantry that maybe the 20mm would eventually become a regular just like Barrett.

"cake or death! I'll have the cake then... SORRY WHERE OUT OF CAKE!... so it's or death? I'll have the chicken then please." Eddy Izzard

"so a suppose your going to kill me now? no he is I'm just here to watch"

"you know why guns are better then a woman?... you can put a silencer on a gun."

Old 07-15-2011, 05:31 AM   #5

uhh, .50s were banned for use against personel anyway. at least the auto kind. but no one seems to think in difference. i dont think the 20 will become like the 50 cause of weight. seriously, no body wants to hump a barrett everywhere, hand a sniper, a real one anyway, a 20mm and hes probably going to give you the finger. its just impractable in a sniper aspect.

Newest Threads