Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   General Rifle Discussion (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f18/)
-   -   1st. Impression CZ 527 Carbine 7.62X39 (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f18/1st-impression-cz-527-carbine-7-62x39-14504/)

R-BOLT 06-05-2009 01:47 PM

1st. Impression CZ 527 Carbine 7.62X39

Got the chance the other day to take the little carbine out, break in the barrel, and get the Burris 2X7C26 Timberline scope sighted in. Ran about 25 rounds thru it on paper and a couple of bowling pins at the end. Set up @ 100 yards, used Russian hunting hollow points, and started. Not on the paper or holder first couple of shots. Was able to figure out adjustments needed and got it started on the paper. Used both the bench mode on the trigger and the standard mode, both very smooth, really liked using the bench mode. At the end of the shoot I put up a "shoot and see" sticky on the paper, out of eight rounds put five in the 10X the other 3 were still in the kill zone on a deer or pig.
Nice light handling rifle, scope is plenty good for plinking at bunnies on up to deer with in the rifle's & shooter's range. For me I would hunt up to 150 yards with this set up. In the past that would be 90% of the game I have taken.
I can see it being used for a carry gun in a pick up, youth rifle (very little recoil), and/or cheap shooting plinker. Very nice addition to the rifle collection.

M14sRock 06-05-2009 03:06 PM

Your accuracy will improve greatly with any of the American ammo, if your 527 is anything like mine. My groups with Win/Rem (and even PMC) SP are less than half the size of the groups with any of the imported ammo I've tried.

R-BOLT 06-05-2009 03:23 PM

I am OK with it, as it is tight enough for a good kill shot, on mid to large game. I do have a old box of winchester ammo I might try some time. Thanks for the info..

M14sRock 06-06-2009 05:33 PM

And if you reload, Barnes now offers the Triple Shock X for the 7.62x39. It makes this round much more lethal on game than anyone could expect.

R-BOLT 06-25-2009 02:52 PM

On GunBroker.com I see Sportsman Safari has another one of these carbines for sale. It is a new rifle. From what dealers I called, price is about right with their free shipping. A year ago drop about $250 off the price.:eek:
They also have a CZ 712 Utility shot gun I have had some interest in. That will have to be a 2010 purchase, the lady of the house has seen enough new toys for this year.:D

Bongos 07-14-2009 12:15 AM

thanks for the review, this is on my list of must have/want rifles...Now I think I'm going to get off the fence and get one! :D

R-BOLT 07-14-2009 01:40 AM

Bongos - Because the handling and recoil are so light, plus I can shoot it on the cheap, it keeps finding a spot in my pick up every week. Did some more plinking with it this weekend, its a blast even in 100 degree heat. Got to looking at my old tickets when I was buying my ammo in 1993, 1200 round cases for $142.96 tax included. That comes out to 12 cents a round. For that price the accuracy is fine for blasting bowling pins at 80 yards.