18 year old wanting rifle - Page 2
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > General Rifle Discussion > 18 year old wanting rifle

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-31-2012, 06:16 AM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jstrong

Well if your going to wait to see if they pass the assault weapons ban and it turns out they don't,then yes I would be checking and looking for used ones after the fact.

Alot of people who bought one out of fear will most likely be trying to unload it on the cheap once they find out they won't be banned.

Armslist . com is a great place to find used guns locally,its like craiglist for guns,but don't expect to find a deal on there at the moment. You'll be overpaying by twice or three times what any AR or other semi auto is worth probably.
how long would you suggest i wait??

Old 12-31-2012, 06:24 AM   #12

Liked 226 Times on 141 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by trevor_atkinson

It's hard to answer that,how bad do you want one? Do you feel like you need to have one in case they pass the AWB? Or would you just like to have one if they don't get banned?

I would at least wait until the market dies down a little if you must buy before they vote on the AWB. That way you may only have to over pay by hundreds instead of thousands hopefully.

Besides how much are AR's regulated in California anyways? Don't they already force you to buy a model without any of the normal AR fun stuff on it anyways?

Old 12-31-2012, 06:30 AM   #13

Liked 36 Times on 30 Posts

Quote:

what wood be a good amount to spend??
Idk down there but I normally seen them around 900 to 750 before this awb bs but the price depended's on make and model plus back here I know all the guys there and they give me great deal but also you have to think I spent alot of money there

Old 12-31-2012, 06:32 AM   #14

Quote:

Till the prices are back to normal lol

Old 12-31-2012, 04:05 PM   #15

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jstrong

It's hard to answer that,how bad do you want one? Do you feel like you need to have one in case they pass the AWB? Or would you just like to have one if they don't get banned?

I would at least wait until the market dies down a little if you must buy before they vote on the AWB. That way you may only have to over pay by hundreds instead of thousands hopefully.

Besides how much are AR's regulated in California anyways? Don't they already force you to buy a model without any of the normal AR fun stuff on it anyways?
thanks man for all your help you've been great!!!

Old 12-31-2012, 06:15 PM   #16
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 8851 Times on 3832 Posts
Likes Given: 1381

Might I suggest a different route? Right now, a decent AR style rifle and a few mags will run you $2000- $2500. The herd smelled rain, and is in a stampede.

For HALF that money, find a good .22 rifle. And get a M-N 91/30 or M44. AND an 8mm Mauser- and maybe an SKS. There is a ton of MILSURP ammo out there CHEEEP for the SKS, M-N, and Mauser.

While everyone is is yelling the sky is falling, and trampling their neighbor to get into the gun show, you will be at the range- shooting. And laughing.

What we have here is... failure- to communicate.

bluez Likes This 
Old 12-31-2012, 06:30 PM   #17

Liked 87 Times on 65 Posts
Likes Given: 69

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jstrong View Post

Doesn't California law say that AR's have to be loaded with a stripper clip?

Old 12-31-2012, 07:05 PM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruger22lr

Doesn't California law say that AR's have to be loaded with a stripper clip?
They can only have ten round magazines

Old 12-31-2012, 08:26 PM   #19

Liked 736 Times on 488 Posts
Likes Given: 788

Everybody needs a Garand!

Old 12-31-2012, 08:34 PM   #20

Liked 226 Times on 141 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trez
Everybody needs a Garand!
If he is really only restricted to ten round mags, then I very much second this motion!

You'll only be loosing 2 rounds but you'll also have a much bigger and meaner cartridge to work with.

Plus m1 garands are just plain sexy.