Tell me about S&W. - Page 2
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > Smith & Wesson Forum >

Tell me about S&W.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-30-2014, 03:33 AM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 9 Times on 7 Posts

Like KG7IL mentioned, I would certainly add the XDs series to your short list. I have every intention of picking up one in .45 for my summer carry. Also like mahall stated, .380 is harder to find and more expensive than 9mm when you do find it, I had a BG .380 and absolutely loved the pistol, perfect for pocket carry but the ammo issue wasn't worth it so I sold it.

Last edited by targa; 04-30-2014 at 03:37 AM.

Old 04-30-2014, 03:58 AM   #12
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 186 Times on 125 Posts
Likes Given: 501

I haven't shot a Shield so I can't help you there, nor any of the XD's, but I have shot the Glock 42 and it is a great gun. .380 ammo is easy to find in my area and for about $20/50 rds. The early issues on some G42's seem to have been solved and guns built in March and later seem to be good to go. I've shot 4 or 5 different types of .380 ammo with zero failures to function from out of the box.
― The Rukh
"Ignorance is treatable - stupidity is terminal."
― The Rukh
Axxe55 Likes This 
Old 07-31-2014, 11:52 AM   #13

Liked 40 Times on 36 Posts
Likes Given: 175

I had a Shield but the grip seems too thin for me, so I moved on. I recently picked up an older S&W 3914 that I can highly recommend. It's a single stack 8+1 small semi auto, 25 oz empty and a great carry pistol . Mine is the "sissy " version, the Lady Smith.

Tell me about S&W. - Smith & Wesson Forum
FEG Collection
SKS Fan

Newest Threads