SW9ve reset
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > Smith & Wesson Forum > SW9ve reset

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-20-2014, 06:04 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Default SW9ve reset

Has anyone ever messed with trigger bar in an attempt to change reset length? If so, what did you do and how did it work for you?

Chicago area

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 05-20-2014, 08:30 AM   #2
Podcast Host/ American Patriot/DAV!
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Liked 3077 Times on 2089 Posts
Likes Given: 657

Not on a newer one, but this was done to a 439 my Dad had customized for me to have as a BUG on my first deployment "south of the Border" in 1980/81. ASP, inc( now out of business) was doing custom work for several federal agencies, which is how my Dad found them( he was a Postal insp./Policeman). I have no idea how much he spent, but the trigger was re- worked "Extensively", the pull broke at 3 Lbs., all the mags were made +1's, and they were cut windows on both the mags and the grips and under the frame...

Sent from my iPad using Firearms Talk

Dr. Bill(Dr.Football)
CWO-4 US ARMY Ret./Med.
Proud to be a Soldier, Proud to be a Night Stalker!
The 160th Special Operations Aviation Regiment(S.O.A.R.) The Army's Taxi for Special Operators *NSDQ*

Old 05-20-2014, 09:25 AM   #3
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1520 Times on 1029 Posts
Likes Given: 532

I will not swear to it but it is worth a phone call to S&W. My Dad got a free connector for his S&W ghetto special. A year or so after he got the pistol shooting good he bought a M&P 9.

Nothing in the affairs of men is worthy of great anxiety - Plato

Old 05-20-2014, 09:28 AM   #4
Podcast Host/ American Patriot/DAV!
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Liked 3077 Times on 2089 Posts
Likes Given: 657

Default SW9ve reset

Yeah, can't hurt to call them. I'm actually thinking of an M&P-15, plus a 22 upper. Least expensive quality AR I can find without having someone build me one, unless I put the same$$ into a TNW,...
But I digress. OP: the worse they can do is direct you to a local Smith or certified S&W Armorer.

Sent from my iPad using Firearms Talk

Dr. Bill(Dr.Football)
CWO-4 US ARMY Ret./Med.
Proud to be a Soldier, Proud to be a Night Stalker!
The 160th Special Operations Aviation Regiment(S.O.A.R.) The Army's Taxi for Special Operators *NSDQ*

Old 05-20-2014, 01:08 PM   #5

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

I did call them a while ago which is the reason I'm asking here. They refuse to deal with this gun citing some defensive gun regulations they have to comply with "... in order to have share of that market", which sounds like a pile of BS to me. In any case from what I saw the reset mechanism on MP9 is almost the same as Glock where the trigger bar moves side to side while Sigma has it done in completely different way and the bar goes up and down rather. I was trying to see if modifying it would make a difference but geometry and travel patterns of this design don't seem to make it possible without complete change of the design (which makes it easier to buy an MP9 and forget about that headache). I was hoping someone had already tinkered with it and possibly has a solution or an advice of some sort.

Chicago area

Old 05-20-2014, 01:39 PM   #6
JTJ
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1855 Times on 1006 Posts
Likes Given: 568

There are several videos on this.

Patron Member NRA
"I would not be an old man if I had not been an armed young man." JTJ
"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and promoted by mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a piece of feces by the clean end."

Old 05-20-2014, 06:22 PM   #7

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Default SW9ve reset

Quote:
Originally Posted by JTJ View Post
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cKit97YipiE
There are several videos on this.

That does not help to make reset shorter as none of the parts involved in this mod are responsible for it. However, the only two parts which are directly involved in the process are the trigger and the trigger bar which this mode does not address in any way. The shape of the rear end of the trigger bar dictates when the reset will happen. Try taking the slide off, squeeze the trigger and while holding the trigger push down on the end of the trigger bar closer to your hand until it releases the sear block pin. Once done start slowly releasing the trigger until it clicks. That's your reset. Don't forget to watch how the bar move while doing all of that. that's what I'm trying to tinker with

Chicago area

Last edited by 60mg; 05-20-2014 at 06:25 PM.

Old 06-23-2014, 05:55 AM   #8

Liked 7 Times on 5 Posts
Likes Given: 12

Default APex trigger kit

My son had the SD40VE and had a horrible pull - bought him an Apex trigger kit and he installed it and helped a bunch - I have the SD9 and perhaps mine has an Apex trigger in it (I bought it used) but I have no problem with it

Old 06-24-2014, 12:52 AM   #9

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

We're talking about two different things: trigger pull vs trigger reset. I've done everything I could about trigger pull already - my Sigma has everything Apex has to offer for it including new Glock-style trigger. My problem is the length of the reset, which is technically equals the initial pull. It's regulated by the shape of the end of the trigger bar opposite from where it is attached to the trigger. I was hoping to find out if anyone ever messed with it and what were the results.

Chicago area