Sw9ve

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > Smith & Wesson Forum > Sw9ve

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-13-2013, 02:53 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Default Sw9ve

I have been looking at getting a used sw9ve and have only one real question: what is the difference in the styles of them. It looks to me that S&W changed the design of the slide and now I don't know which is old or new and if one is better than the other. There is the larger grooved version then there is the smaller grooved one. I like the look of the smaller one, but if there's a reason for the change in design, I would like to know.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 08-13-2013, 02:55 AM   #2

Liked 144 Times on 80 Posts
Likes Given: 41

I know the later model had a much improved trigger.

Old 08-13-2013, 09:57 AM   #3

Liked 17 Times on 15 Posts

I have also been looking into getting one of these. The newest model is the sd9ve and it has both front and rear serrated slide the previous version was the sw9 and it has only the rear serrations. The trigger is supposed to be better on the SD9VE model from what I have read. Also there is an inexpensive kit by apex tactical that will lighten the trigger on either model to around 6.5 lbs.

Old 08-13-2013, 10:51 AM   #4

Liked 84 Times on 61 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by sleeper View Post
I have also been looking into getting one of these. The newest model is the sd9ve and it has both front and rear serrated slide the previous version was the sw9 and it has only the rear serrations. The trigger is supposed to be better on the SD9VE model from what I have read. Also there is an inexpensive kit by apex tactical that will lighten the trigger on either model to around 6.5 lbs.
I had an sd9ve as my first handgun when I turned 21, it was good for a while but not great. Then I discovered the apex spring kit and decided to go for it. It lowered my trigger pull Down to a little over 5lbs and made the gun very good, almost great. I recommend it for sure but for what they are going these days look for a used m&p or something better. I no longer have mine