Smith & Wesson customer service, Bodyguard 380

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > Smith & Wesson Forum > Smith & Wesson customer service, Bodyguard 380

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-11-2014, 10:58 PM   #1
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 203 Times on 131 Posts
Likes Given: 48

Default Smith & Wesson customer service, Bodyguard 380

I recently purchased (2 weeks) the Bodyguard 380 with the built in laser. I have not even put 200 rounds through it and it has had feeding and ejection issues and the laser is a straight up piece of junk. Won't hold zero, cuts on and off while shooting. I have heard a lot of the same complaints from other owners. I wrote S&W and explained the problem and asked if I could just swap it for the one without the laser since it seems they have worked the bugs out of that model. Its retail price is also cheaper than the laser model. I don't want to have to keep sending the laser model back if it is just going to always screw up and I don't feel like I should have to pay extra for a feature that doesn't work.
How is their customer service?

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 11-30-2014, 10:11 AM   #2

Liked 32 Times on 29 Posts
Likes Given: 8

Just curious to see the outcome of your contact with S&W ?

Old 11-30-2014, 11:27 AM   #3
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2152 Times on 1478 Posts
Likes Given: 801

You do not need that laser anyway. Practice your point shooting until you can hit a target in the dark. I sold my Kel Tec 380 Friday night. The gentleman that was interested in purchasing the gun was limp wristing the gun, causing it to jam. At 15 feet in the dark I put all 7 rounds in a 2" group in 10 ring. I have a JA22 that I use to practice my point shooting. I have been working on my point shooting at least a couple times a month since 2008 when I purchased the JA22. I do just as well point shooting with my G19 or any other gun I shoot on a regular basis.

To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead. Thomas Paine

Last edited by John_Deer; 11-30-2014 at 11:30 AM.