Smith and wesson bodyguard 380 piece of crap - Page 4
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > Smith & Wesson Forum > Smith and wesson bodyguard 380 piece of crap

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-12-2014, 12:59 PM   #31
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1278 Times on 738 Posts
Likes Given: 1937

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmPaTerry View Post
Very strange.
I still have had zero issues with the weapon functionality, field stripping and reassembly, laser, etc.
Maybe they only made one good one, and I got it!
They must've made two. I've had mine for a year and three months, practiced with it regularly, cleaned it every time, and have had no trouble with it.

Old 08-12-2014, 07:18 PM   #32

Liked 373 Times on 236 Posts
Likes Given: 160

Quote:
Originally Posted by AIKIJUTSU View Post
They must've made two. I've had mine for a year and three months, practiced with it regularly, cleaned it every time, and have had no trouble with it.
Was it a newer model without the laser?

Haven't got a lot, I don't need a lot. Coffee's only a dime. Living in the sunlight, Loving in the moonlight, Having a wonderful time!

I CAME, I SAW, I CONQUERED...

Old 08-12-2014, 09:27 PM   #33
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1278 Times on 738 Posts
Likes Given: 1937

Quote:
Originally Posted by molonlabexx View Post
Was it a newer model without the laser?
Nope. The old one with the laser. Not the MP.

Old 08-12-2014, 09:30 PM   #34

Liked 1272 Times on 914 Posts
Likes Given: 634

Why do i trust my pt92 ? B/c it fell off the back on the car and had a loaded dump truck run it over twice and still runs like new , wood took some damage but oh well .

Danger is real , Fear is a option

“Whoever acknowledges me before others, I will also acknowledge before my Father in heaven. But whoever disowns me before others, I will disown before my Father in heaven.
“The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.”

Old 08-13-2014, 06:07 AM   #35

Liked 373 Times on 236 Posts
Likes Given: 160

Quote:
Originally Posted by AIKIJUTSU View Post
Nope. The old one with the laser. Not the MP.
Hmmm. When/if I get a chance to work on one, I will take a closer look at it. Until then, not a fan...

Haven't got a lot, I don't need a lot. Coffee's only a dime. Living in the sunlight, Loving in the moonlight, Having a wonderful time!

I CAME, I SAW, I CONQUERED...

Old 08-15-2014, 02:14 AM   #36

I have the MP Bodyguard 380, no laser. I really like it and have not had any problems. The trigger takes some getting used to but overall the gun is of high quality in my opinion. The day I purchased it I went to buy a Ruger LCP and I just liked the feel and quality of the MP as compared to the LCP.

A friend of mine has the laser version and I do not like it as well. Not a fan of the laser model. I carry mine every day and trust it completely. I would recommend getting the MP version without the laser.

Old 11-23-2014, 04:08 PM   #37

Liked 35 Times on 31 Posts
Likes Given: 8

I usually carry my Sig 238 or 938 that are totally reliable, however the little Bodyguard (no laser) rides in my pick up and is shot on a regular basis..neat little pistol that has fired at least 200 rounds without any failure. Not a target gun but neat to pass around to the guys to see who can hit the soda can and who gets ribbed for missing. Many people post headings for their threads without investigating the topic fully, I can understand frustration but have trouble with blanket and crude condemnation. Just my opinion.

Old 12-11-2014, 10:49 PM   #38

Liked 17 Times on 12 Posts

Default Smith and wesson bodyguard 380 piece of crap

I have not shot my bodyguard very much except to qualify with it and several times at the range over the last two years. but is a pleasure to carry due to its size. I use it as a BUG at work off duty carry.

if it displays issues I'll sell it and get another s&w 642 airweight or Glock 42. You probably got a lemon, but there is no since in carrying a gun you don't have faith in.

I will say that the thing is a pita to reassemble after cleaning. Maybe it's because I don't have the hang of it or something. But that little lever/pin always kicks my butt when I'm trying to get it to sit in right. Makes me want to sale and swap for something else.

Last edited by JeeperSC; 12-28-2014 at 07:20 AM.

Old 12-12-2014, 12:47 AM   #39

Liked 207 Times on 116 Posts
Likes Given: 82

Like most manufacturers, Smith & Wesson ain't what it used to be. In years past, the name "Smith & Wesson" automatically meant quality.

Now, S & W stands for Sometimes Works.