You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > Smith & Wesson Forum >

Smaller S&W

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-12-2016, 03:25 AM   #1
Lifetime Supporting Member
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 42 Times on 21 Posts
Likes Given: 3

Default Smaller S&W

I have a S&W M&P full size and a compact. If I wanted something smaller than the compact, what would you suggest?

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 06-12-2016, 12:09 PM   #2

Liked 610 Times on 382 Posts
Likes Given: 4

I added the Shield. Already had the full size and 9c. I picked up the Shield for warm weather carry, found the 9c was a little bulky in shorts & T-shirt season. Much as I like the 9c, (it'll always be my favorite M&P), turns out I carry the Shield pretty much year round. Small enough to easily conceal, big enough to do the job should the worse happen.

Old 06-12-2016, 01:48 PM   #3
Lifetime Supporting Member
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Liked 42 Times on 21 Posts
Likes Given: 3

Thanks, I will check it out. Do they make it in a 22?

Last edited by Floorist; 06-12-2016 at 01:54 PM.

Old 06-12-2016, 01:53 PM   #4
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2847 Times on 1700 Posts
Likes Given: 1764

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donn View Post
I added the Shield. Already had the full size and 9c. I picked up the Shield for warm weather carry, found the 9c was a little bulky in shorts & T-shirt season. Much as I like the 9c, (it'll always be my favorite M&P), turns out I carry the Shield pretty much year round. Small enough to easily conceal, big enough to do the job should the worse happen.
What he said. I have been carrying a Shield for about a year now. 40+ year in LE and I consider the best off duty or CC gun I have ever owned. It is surprising how comfortable to shot it is and how accurate it is. I would stick with the 9 though. I have shot both the 40 and 9 and there is just enough difference in handling to stick with the 9.