Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   Smith & Wesson Forum (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f179/)
-   -   Sigma (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f179/sigma-99521/)

ccase39 10-25-2013 11:07 PM

Sigma

I got stuck with one of these. Boy does it suck. Jams constantly. Why are these things such POS?

grandpubba 10-25-2013 11:12 PM

If you don't want it, I'll take it off your hands.

Give it a good cleaning and oil it, I've never seen these jam, my buddy owns the 9mm

ccase39 10-26-2013 12:31 AM

Could be my ammo. I clean it pretty regular. I really want to trade it for a home defense shotgun. My gf has problems with the pistol. I havent had any luck yet.

RevJammer 10-26-2013 12:35 AM

A lot will depend on what "generation" it is. Seems I have heard a lot of problems from the earlier versions, I had a SW40VE (I think that's right) and it never jammed, no FTF's or FTE's. It was an accurate, dependable weapon.

Only reason I got rid of it was because I found a different .40 that I wanted more.

RJ

ccase39 10-26-2013 02:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RevJammer (Post 1413637)
A lot will depend on what "generation" it is. Seems I have heard a lot of problems from the earlier versions, I had a SW40VE (I think that's right) and it never jammed, no FTF's or FTE's. It was an accurate, dependable weapon.

Only reason I got rid of it was because I found a different .40 that I wanted more.

RJ

I got it new about 4 months ago. Only put about 200 rds through it.

crazycharlie2 10-27-2013 10:33 PM

Send it back to S&W.
What kind of ammo are you using?
I have a .40 and S&W customer service treated me very well in the past.

armsmaster270 10-28-2013 04:50 AM

I have a Gen 1 Sigma and have no problems or complaints, May be Taurus Syndrome, some work, some don't.

Rick1967 10-28-2013 12:30 PM

I have the SV40VE. Mine is super dependable. My only complaint is the trigger. I did a trigger job at home. I am pretty happy with mine.

John_Deer 10-28-2013 12:43 PM

My dad has a sigma. It was always reliable but the trigger was long and stiff. S&W sent him a couple parts free of charge. He replaced the parts as instructed. Now he is happy with the gun.

60mg 11-20-2013 11:56 AM

I have been shooting a sw9ve for the past 5 years and had 2 jams during all this time. Both cases - questionable ammo. I had a trigger spring kit replaced to drop it to 8lb pull. Still tougher than M&P but 4 lb lighter than it came to me. One more thing is the trigger itself. If I'm at the class setting where I have to shoot a lot and for a few hours, the trigger keeps on catching my trigger finger between the tip of it and the trigger guard. When you just start the session it's all good but after a while it starts hurting you. I've been looking for a way to trim the trigger just a tiny bit just to take that sharp edge off but haven't gotten as far as actually doing it. Otherwise it's a great gun especially with a lighter trigger. Longer pull is just a habit to develop.