Shield Safety Warning!!! - Page 2
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > Smith & Wesson Forum > Shield Safety Warning!!!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-30-2013, 11:31 AM   #11
Supporting Member
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 212 Times on 169 Posts
Likes Given: 116

Quote:
Originally Posted by IvanKaz
I just checked mine. It works fine. I appreciate the heads up. It shows me that this forum is not just a people arguing about "which gun is better" and "your gun sucks". This is the type of information that makes me appreciate this forum even more.
Either way, if your guns serial number is part of the recall, have it fixed.
Beretta 84FS .380 ACP
Ruger MKIII 22/45 Target .22LR

PWS (Primary Weapons Systems) MK114 5.56

Old 08-30-2013, 12:45 PM   #12

Liked 48 Times on 28 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by drvsafe View Post

Either way, if your guns serial number is part of the recall, have it fixed.
I can't find any mention of serial #s affected.

Old 08-31-2013, 02:22 PM   #13
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1189 Times on 578 Posts
Likes Given: 74

A Shield 9 mm is my everyday carry and has been for a year. I carry with the safety on, and in an IWB holster, have never had the safety move off. So I see no problem in his warning.

The recall is for the trigger isn't it? Not the safety. I have not checked mine yet, will carry the ruger today, and check the Shield latere when I have time.

A bad day at the range is better then a good day on the job!

Old 09-01-2013, 12:09 AM   #14
Supporting Member
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 212 Times on 169 Posts
Likes Given: 116

I believe if you go to the respective website they have a list of the serial numbers affected.

Beretta 84FS .380 ACP
Ruger MKIII 22/45 Target .22LR

PWS (Primary Weapons Systems) MK114 5.56

Old 11-23-2013, 06:02 PM   #15

Liked 160 Times on 138 Posts
Likes Given: 15

Yes, the Safety Alert is part of the Trigger that could cause accidental discharge if weapon is dropped! I tested mine, as the video clip suggested and my trigger is functioning properly according to the Video! I see no safety alerts pertaining to external safety on S&W's website! Mine appears to be working properly as designed. Part of the problem of an external safety. is the manufacture finding the sweet spot between, stiff enough to prevent accidental engage or disengage and loose enough for flawless disengage if needed in a Crises. Weather this guy had real concerning issues about the function of the safety is debatable! What is clear to me, he never really cared for the shield and hated safety's on small Carry guns, which is puzzling to me as why he even purchased one! I dislike external safety's but Love the shield and leave mine disengaged, ignoring Smiths stupidity for putting a big wart on such a fine CC gun!!

Old 11-23-2013, 06:44 PM   #16
JTJ
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1847 Times on 1000 Posts
Likes Given: 563

Quote:
Originally Posted by mahall View Post
Yes, the Safety Alert is part of the Trigger that could cause accidental discharge if weapon is dropped! I tested mine, as the video clip suggested and my trigger is functioning properly according to the Video! I see no safety alerts pertaining to external safety on S&W's website! Mine appears to be working properly as designed. Part of the problem of an external safety. is the manufacture finding the sweet spot between, stiff enough to prevent accidental engage or disengage and loose enough for flawless disengage if needed in a Crises. Weather this guy had real concerning issues about the function of the safety is debatable! What is clear to me, he never really cared for the shield and hated safety's on small Carry guns, which is puzzling to me as why he even purchased one! I dislike external safety's but Love the shield and leave mine disengaged, ignoring Smiths stupidity for putting a big wart on such a fine CC gun!!
This has S&W's label on it.

Patron Member NRA
"I would not be an old man if I had not been an armed young man." JTJ
"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and promoted by mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a piece of feces by the clean end."

Old 11-23-2013, 06:56 PM   #17

Liked 160 Times on 138 Posts
Likes Given: 15

Yes, I tested mine about 10 times and the tab consistently disappeared and appeared as the video showed! This will probably slow sales and increase availability in some areas! I hear the Shield is still difficult to find in some areas.