You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > Smith & Wesson Forum >

Shield 45

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-22-2016, 08:40 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 3 Times on 2 Posts
Likes Given: 3

Default Shield 45

Is now on the web, starts shipping late June-early July

http://smith-wessonforum.com/redirect-to/?redirect=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.facebook.com%2Fsmithwe ssoncorp%2Fvideos%2F10154237068988960%2F

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 05-22-2016, 09:50 PM   #2
JTJ
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 3855 Times on 2117 Posts
Likes Given: 1140

Needs the 4" barrel.
ca1survivor Likes This 
Old 10-03-2016, 02:39 AM   #3

Liked 192 Times on 142 Posts

Held one yesterday and couldn't believe how thin it was. I mean it felt like it was barely thicker than the 45 acp case itself. And that grip was super aggressive, almost to the point where I can see it rubbing you raw if it's against your skin. I'm seriously thinking of picking one up. Especially since no one has a Cz p01 in stock for

Old 10-19-2016, 01:26 AM   #4

Liked 6 Times on 5 Posts
Likes Given: 15

I`ll wait for the performance center 45 Shield. Then i might consider one...
but i do have a glock 30S already, w/10+1 capacity...never mind.

Something with 6 rounds dosen`t impress me. (my 30S is comparable size to it)
A gun with gravel/sandpaper grips is WAY to rough for me.

..........ok, never mind, again.
towboater Likes This 
Old 10-21-2016, 03:43 PM   #5

Liked 7 Times on 6 Posts
Likes Given: 1

I am more concerned about the trigger pull. The pistol I carry only holds 7 rounds, I carry extra magazines. It is a CS 45. I do not like the striker fired pistols of today, though I was forced to buy a Ruger Custom LCP to carry around the farm. It has a good trigger pull for a striker fired pistol.

Last edited by KSDeputy; 10-25-2016 at 04:16 PM.

Old 11-15-2016, 06:44 PM   #6

Liked 9 Times on 9 Posts
Likes Given: 33

KS you want a nice trigger in s striker fired ? try the H&K VP-9 or VP-40.

Old 11-16-2016, 10:00 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by KSDeputy View Post
I am more concerned about the trigger pull. The pistol I carry only holds 7 rounds, I carry extra magazines. It is a CS 45. I do not like the striker fired pistols of today, though I was forced to buy a Ruger Custom LCP to carry around the farm. It has a good trigger pull for a striker fired pistol.

I'd say the trigger pull is better than the ruger lcp. The 45 shield has arguably the best trigger pull in the m&p lineup

Old 11-16-2016, 10:58 PM   #8

Liked 7 Times on 6 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Thanks a lot for the advice guys, I really appreciate it. It has to be a .45 for me.

Old 11-24-2016, 05:16 AM   #9

Liked 6 Times on 5 Posts
Likes Given: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjones45 View Post
I'd say the trigger pull is better than the ruger lcp. The 45 shield has arguably the best trigger pull in the m&p lineup
"best trigger pull" compared to what (?????)
I`m a S&W guy, have been for years, but i havent found an M&P trigger i like, yet. They`re just horrible. The performance center models are a little bit better, but NOT by very much. Personally, i think the M&P triggers are voted the worst trigger out there on the market, for a stryker fired gun. Sorry, just being honest. I do have a few M&P`s, but ALL of mine have had all their trigger components replaced.

And whats even worse, if you buy the PC CORE & ported models, the barrels are NOT fitted properly...super sloppy. Take the OEM barrels and throw them in the garbage, replace them with a APEX barrel & trigger kit, then you`ll have a sweet target gun. I own several glocks too, glock triggers are far superior over S&W by a long shot. But then again, i hate glock frames....they dont fit my hand like the M&P guns do, thats why i buy the M&P`s and spend the extra money to make them shoot decent. I hate having to buy guns, then have to mod them just to make them shoot...who needs or wants the added expense. I just dont understand why S&W dosent put the effort into making the M&P a better gun for what you have to spend. The craftsmanship is all over the place with S&W M&P`s, some barely halfway decent, some are just junk right out of the box.

First 9mm shield i bought, got 100 rounds thru it, POWWWWWWWW, there went the take down lever spring...popped right out of the frame and jammed in the slide rail. It locked the gun right up...!!!! So i fixed the gun and down the fuggin road it went. Once that trust is broken, it`ll never be right.

Old 11-24-2016, 07:21 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaPow View Post
"best trigger pull" compared to what (?????).

Compared to the other m&p handguns, as in the m&p lineup. I never said m&p's had good triggers, but the general consensus on the shield 45 is it is an improvement over the other m&p's. The trigger is one of the reasons why I sold my m&p9. I have to agree with you on the m&p arguably having the worst stock striker trigger out of all the major players. The lcp 2 has an upgraded trigger, but the original lcp trigger just plain sucked as well