Sdve .40 trigger question legal? - Page 3
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > Smith & Wesson Forum > Sdve .40 trigger question legal?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-07-2013, 09:36 PM   #21
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1079 Times on 717 Posts
Likes Given: 710

See, and that's why the current system is a big steaming pile of sh!t. It should not even be allowed to discuss any of the details unless it pertains directly to whether that person should have died. If justified, dead is dead, what do the other details matter?
If they shouldn't have been shot, then maybe some of the other details become relevant, to determine the EXTENT of your negligence in creating the issue.

Old 12-07-2013, 10:21 PM   #22
The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

Liked 21988 Times on 12398 Posts
Likes Given: 53672

Quote:
Originally Posted by mahall View Post
Don't ever underestimate the power of a highly motivated attorney in finding fault in a lose of life, no matter how justifiable it was! I think trigger tampering might be more of a player in an accidental shooting as insurance company's would explore all avenues not to pay a huge settlement. For me, there is to many factory choices in guns(triggers) for me to start tampering with Triggers!! All my guns are bought to carry and if I'm not comfortable with the Trigger, shame on me for buying it in the first place. But that's just me!!
first of all let me clarify my stance and opinions.

one, any legal modifications to your firearm and the choice in ammo should never be used as a factor in a justified shooting. never.

second, i personally don't advocate doing mods to a pistol a person might carry. don't like the trigger or whatever, then find one more suitable to your needs and tastes. but in reference to my second stance, refer to my first.

another point is this, that i think it's entirely possible for an overzealous rabid anti-gun liberal proscutor to use your gun modifications against you in a court of law, in a justified SD shooting, in a liberal gun hating state.

but so far, it has not happened yet. this subject was discussed on several other threads, and even searching by many, there were not any credible stories to support that gun modifications were ever used in justified SD shooting.

a justified SD shooting is just that. a justified shooting. nothing more or less. until such time someone can cite proof or evidence to the contrary, it's nothing more than an internet myth.
Old 12-09-2013, 09:38 PM   #23

Liked 573 Times on 324 Posts
Likes Given: 722

I sent a 2nd email to S&W regarding the post about S&W sending a trigger kit. Here is their reply and indicates something I hadn't thought about. But it would seem that if S&W did at one time offer a trigger kit they would warranty their work.

===
Subject: M&P 40 trigger

Dear Customer,

We do not sale a trigger kit, I believe Wolfe does but it would void the warranty on the gun.

If further assistance is required please reply accordingly.

Sincerely,

Michael DiFiore
===

~ Holsters ~

Never forget these important words:
We the People...
America, take back your country!
Axxe55 Likes This 
Old 12-10-2013, 01:34 AM   #24

Liked 113 Times on 85 Posts

Going after the sd shooter because of a trigger job is a stretch, but I can see how an attorney might try with the self reloaded ammunition claiming it was made specifically to kill people with hand selected bullets and velocity exceeding standard ammunition. I know there is no proof of this happening but if you think about it this is not a stretch of the imagination. Get a firearms illiterate group of jurors and who knows what they will believe. I just don't put anything past scumbag lawyers and have little faith in the justice system.

Old 12-10-2013, 02:19 AM   #25
The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

Liked 21988 Times on 12398 Posts
Likes Given: 53672

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjones45 View Post
Going after the sd shooter because of a trigger job is a stretch, but I can see how an attorney might try with the self reloaded ammunition claiming it was made specifically to kill people with hand selected bullets and velocity exceeding standard ammunition. I know there is no proof of this happening but if you think about it this is not a stretch of the imagination. Get a firearms illiterate group of jurors and who knows what they will believe. I just don't put anything past scumbag lawyers and have little faith in the justice system.
well if they did want to try me over my reloads on the premise my reloads were hand selected and hotter, well they would be barking up the wrong tree! my pistol reloads are probably tamer than the factory ammo use in them and use the same bullets as the factory ammo i use.

i guess they could always argue that i was trying to inflict pain or harm instead of killing the BG.