SD9VE are they a decent semi auto - Page 2
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > Smith & Wesson Forum > SD9VE are they a decent semi auto

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-15-2013, 04:23 PM   #11
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 2718 Times on 1582 Posts
Likes Given: 1538

I have a feeling that gun is used and has had a non-professional trigger job done on it. Do NOT buy THAT gun.

Sent from my (_E=MC² _)

We do not choose our future, we choose our habits and our habits dictate our future. - anonymous

We are all biodegradable.

Old 05-15-2013, 08:06 PM   #12

Liked 136 Times on 123 Posts
Likes Given: 33

Quote:
Originally Posted by flybuddy View Post

I've got an SD40VE also that I bought last month. Just did the Apex spring mod and it made a world of diff on the trigger pull. Do you know of any shorter front sights for this gun? Had 3 different experienced folks shoot this and all claim it's a low shooter (consistent otherwise). I really like this gun and would like to zero it in. S&W simply said to send it back and wait 2 months. I'll grind the front sight down before I'll do that.
this is/was my first handgun....it is accurate for me and my wife...my brother in law was accurate with ir also and he had the .40 M&P....we have not experienced this....I have not looked to see if there are any shorter front sights at all...sorry could not help more :/

-AP

“The beauty of the Second Amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it.”
― Thomas Jefferson

“The constitution shall never be construed...to prevent the people of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms.”
― Alexander Hamilton

Old 05-15-2013, 10:12 PM   #13

Liked 62 Times on 40 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Thanks, I had sent emails to Dawson Precision and S&W. S&W was a blow off but Dawson had 3 shorter front sights for it. Got one coming, simple fix.

Old 05-15-2013, 10:16 PM   #14

Quote:
Thanks, I had sent emails to Dawson Precision and S&W. S&W was a blow off but Dawson had 3 shorter front sights for it. Got one coming, simple fix.
poste a report when you get it. Was our shooting low for you perzonally?

-AP

“The beauty of the Second Amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it.”
― Thomas Jefferson

“The constitution shall never be construed...to prevent the people of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms.”
― Alexander Hamilton

Old 05-16-2013, 02:43 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by apwvsd40ve View Post
poste a report when you get it. Was our shooting low for you perzonally?
Yes it was, which was why I let some gurus shoot it to make sure it wasn't just me. I've got several guns now and shoot regularly but I did have this trouble with a Glock 30 (45 cal) when I first got it and was a fairly new shooter. That was me and I eventually worked my way through the anticipation problems of shooting a larger caliber. I've laser sighted the barrel and it's somewhat low but it seems to be more caused by the sight picture of the stock sights. I'll post how the new sight works when I get it.

Old 05-20-2013, 08:09 PM   #16

Just got the new sight from Dawson today. SW MP .130 high by .115 W. Nicely made metal optic sight with addl colors and install kit/instructions ($39). Took just a few minutes to punch off old sight using the tool they provided and about 10 minutes to install the new sight. I had to laser boresight about 3 times to get the windage straight. Sight profile looks good now. targeting about 1/3rd of an inch high at 20 feet. Considering the stock front sight is .160 high that's a significant change. They also have .140 which should sight close also.

Old 05-21-2013, 01:03 AM   #17

Quote:
Just got the new sight from Dawson today. SW MP .130 high by .115 W. Nicely made metal optic sight with addl colors and install kit/instructions ($39). Took just a few minutes to punch off old sight using the tool they provided and about 10 minutes to install the new sight. I had to laser boresight about 3 times to get the windage straight. Sight profile looks good now. targeting about 1/3rd of an inch high at 20 feet. Considering the stock front sight is .160 high that's a significant change. They also have .140 which should sight close also.
Have to check that out....next time I shot I will party closer attention.

-AP

― Thomas Jefferson

― Alexander Hamilton

Old 05-24-2013, 11:10 PM   #18

Liked 47 Times on 33 Posts

He was feeling lazy, or just has a sour stick up his ass about S&W. I've got an SD9VE. Probably around 800 rounds through it, great gun. Never had one of the problems mentioned. It's an amazing gun for the money it costs