SD9VE are they a decent semi auto
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > Smith & Wesson Forum > SD9VE are they a decent semi auto

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-05-2013, 04:16 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default SD9VE are they a decent semi auto

I went to a store today and was looking at one and the clerk told me that the SD9VE had problems such as trigger breaking, fail to fire, jamming, and he had one that just fired when he laid it down on table. To me it looked like a decent gun, as I have had several S&W semi auto`s and no problems with any of those. I want to know if there is any truth to what he was telling me or he just did not want to sell a gun today?

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 05-07-2013, 03:39 AM   #2

Liked 136 Times on 123 Posts
Likes Given: 33

I have never seen this problem with my sd40ve. I am well beyond break-in with mine and have had almost zero issues with it. I have heard of a few with feed issues..but break in reduces this and polishing feed ramp fixes if breakin does not. The trigger has not failed me and I have over 650 rounds through it at this point. I absolutely love this firearm.

-AP

“The beauty of the Second Amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it.”
― Thomas Jefferson

“The constitution shall never be construed...to prevent the people of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms.”
― Alexander Hamilton

Old 05-07-2013, 01:08 PM   #3

After thinking all night about what the sales person had said about the SD9VE I decided to buy one because if there were all the problems he described some one would have reported in a forum. I have not fired weapon but will soon

Old 05-07-2013, 01:17 PM   #4

Liked 91 Times on 67 Posts

I think it's more likely he wanted to sell you a different handgun so made up the stories. No modern handgun from a quality manufacture is going go off setting it down.

Old 05-07-2013, 01:44 PM   #5

I thought later that his buddy may be wanting that gun and the last one. But it was a chain store and they had plenty.

Old 05-07-2013, 01:54 PM   #6

Liked 136 Times on 123 Posts
Likes Given: 33

Quote:
Originally Posted by cingram98 View Post
I thought later that his buddy may be wanting that gun and the last one. But it was a chain store and they had plenty.
I agree...probably wanted you to buy a different gun....buy what YOU want, like, can afford. Other than the trigger.....it is very much like the M&P in size and stature. A lot of the accessories are even similar.

-AP

“The beauty of the Second Amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it.”
― Thomas Jefferson

“The constitution shall never be construed...to prevent the people of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms.”
― Alexander Hamilton

Old 05-07-2013, 02:04 PM   #7

Liked 9205 Times on 5058 Posts
Likes Given: 74

It's a gun you can pass on to your grandkids someday. If it's a good price, go for it.

Old 05-15-2013, 12:45 AM   #8

Liked 62 Times on 40 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by apwvsd40ve View Post
I agree...probably wanted you to buy a different gun....buy what YOU want, like, can afford. Other than the trigger.....it is very much like the M&P in size and stature. A lot of the accessories are even similar.
I've got an SD40VE also that I bought last month. Just did the Apex spring mod and it made a world of diff on the trigger pull. Do you know of any shorter front sights for this gun? Had 3 different experienced folks shoot this and all claim it's a low shooter (consistent otherwise). I really like this gun and would like to zero it in. S&W simply said to send it back and wait 2 months. I'll grind the front sight down before I'll do that.

Old 05-15-2013, 12:55 AM   #9

Liked 2604 Times on 1481 Posts
Likes Given: 2004

I can't speak for the model, but I can speak

for the brand. I've got two, both semis. Never

a problem with either.

Bear in mind when I say "uncompromising quality",

I am a tough customer to satisfy, and

particular, in the extreme, about my firearms.

Old 05-15-2013, 05:09 PM   #10

Likes Given: 1

I bought the SD9VE about 2 months ago other than one FTF I have not had any problems with it.