Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   Smith & Wesson Forum (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f179/)
-   -   SD9VE are they a decent semi auto (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f179/sd9ve-they-decent-semi-auto-90120/)

cingram98 05-05-2013 03:16 AM

SD9VE are they a decent semi auto

I went to a store today and was looking at one and the clerk told me that the SD9VE had problems such as trigger breaking, fail to fire, jamming, and he had one that just fired when he laid it down on table. To me it looked like a decent gun, as I have had several S&W semi auto`s and no problems with any of those. I want to know if there is any truth to what he was telling me or he just did not want to sell a gun today?

apwvsd40ve 05-07-2013 02:39 AM

I have never seen this problem with my sd40ve. I am well beyond break-in with mine and have had almost zero issues with it. I have heard of a few with feed issues..but break in reduces this and polishing feed ramp fixes if breakin does not. The trigger has not failed me and I have over 650 rounds through it at this point. I absolutely love this firearm.

cingram98 05-07-2013 12:08 PM

After thinking all night about what the sales person had said about the SD9VE I decided to buy one because if there were all the problems he described some one would have reported in a forum. I have not fired weapon but will soon

marc29th 05-07-2013 12:17 PM

I think it's more likely he wanted to sell you a different handgun so made up the stories. No modern handgun from a quality manufacture is going go off setting it down.

cingram98 05-07-2013 12:44 PM

I thought later that his buddy may be wanting that gun and the last one. But it was a chain store and they had plenty.

apwvsd40ve 05-07-2013 12:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cingram98 (Post 1239758)
I thought later that his buddy may be wanting that gun and the last one. But it was a chain store and they had plenty.

I agree...probably wanted you to buy a different gun....buy what YOU want, like, can afford. Other than the trigger.....it is very much like the M&P in size and stature. A lot of the accessories are even similar.

trip286 05-07-2013 01:04 PM

It's a gun you can pass on to your grandkids someday. If it's a good price, go for it.

flybuddy 05-14-2013 11:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by apwvsd40ve (Post 1239765)
I agree...probably wanted you to buy a different gun....buy what YOU want, like, can afford. Other than the trigger.....it is very much like the M&P in size and stature. A lot of the accessories are even similar.

I've got an SD40VE also that I bought last month. Just did the Apex spring mod and it made a world of diff on the trigger pull. Do you know of any shorter front sights for this gun? Had 3 different experienced folks shoot this and all claim it's a low shooter (consistent otherwise). I really like this gun and would like to zero it in. S&W simply said to send it back and wait 2 months. I'll grind the front sight down before I'll do that.

therewolf 05-14-2013 11:55 PM

I can't speak for the model, but I can speak

for the brand. I've got two, both semis. Never

a problem with either.

Bear in mind when I say "uncompromising quality",

I am a tough customer to satisfy, and

particular, in the extreme, about my firearms.

chrispy 05-15-2013 04:09 PM

I bought the SD9VE about 2 months ago other than one FTF I have not had any problems with it.