Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > Smith & Wesson Forum > SD9VE... How are you guys doing?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-18-2014, 10:03 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 20 Times on 14 Posts

Default SD9VE... How are you guys doing?

I haven't been keeping an exact count, but I've got maybe 1,200 rounds through my SD9VE, and the only malfunctions I've ever had with it were from a bag of 50 reloads I got at a gunshow. Extremely impressive gun!! What about you?

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 06-18-2014, 10:11 AM   #2
Administrator
FTF_ADMIN.png

Liked 1113 Times on 779 Posts
Likes Given: 159

Don't have one anymore, sold it

However, when I did have my SW9VE, it was an excellent firearm as in reliability....... No FTF or malfunctions, had about 1K through it when I sold it

Sold it for a Glock

Old 06-18-2014, 11:06 AM   #3
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1473 Times on 1000 Posts
Likes Given: 511

My dad had a Sw9ve. He got a transfer bar from S&W that shortened up the trigger pull. It was a reliable gun, excellent for the price. My brother and I went in together to get him an M&P 9 for Christmas two years ago. Once he got used to the M&P 9 he sold the S&W9VE.

Nothing in the affairs of men is worthy of great anxiety - Plato

Old 06-18-2014, 11:24 AM   #4

Liked 882 Times on 496 Posts
Likes Given: 1387

I have the SD40...Very reliable so far (350rnds)..The trigger is terrible, i dont shoot it much.

Don't follow me.....You won't make it.....

Old 06-18-2014, 12:35 PM   #5
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Quote:
Originally Posted by rn-cindy View Post
I have the SD40...Very reliable so far (350rnds)..The trigger is terrible, i dont shoot it much.
Try a whites trigger stop. I have one on my Kel Tec P11. I can shoot the P11 just as well as my Glock when I slow down and use the trigger stop. Here is an article on how to make a Whites Trigger stop. Super glue is the best way to attach the trigger stop. Use a piece of black rubber from a tie down strap. The roadside is littered with rubber tie down straps.

You don't even have to fire the gun to get used to the trigger stop. I learned to use mine by dry firing the gun.

The easiest way to cut the rubber neatly is to knock the primer out of a 40 cal brass with a nail and a hammer. Then use a hammer to drive the brass through the rubber strap. Push a nail through the primer hole to get the rubber out of the brass.

http://www.1bad69.com/keltec/whitestop.htm

I would call S&W to see if they have an improved transfer bar for your pistol. The worst thing that can happen is they will say no.

Last edited by John_Deer; 06-18-2014 at 12:40 PM.
rn-cindy Likes This 
Old 06-18-2014, 12:47 PM   #6

Thank You....I,m going to try that..

Old 06-18-2014, 03:08 PM   #7

I'm surprised they dont already have that done from the factory....They must know their trigger sucks...Seems like somebody would have told them by now..or they would have taken one to the range and shot it theirselves...?

John_Deer Likes This 
Old 06-18-2014, 03:50 PM   #8
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Quote:
I'm surprised they dont already have that done from the factory....They must know their trigger sucks...Seems like somebody would have told them by now..or they would have taken one to the range and shot it theirselves...?
The VE pistols are like a bastard child to S&W. They claim the heavy trigger is for safety. When they start coming back to the factory because people can't shoot them S&W releases a transfer bar.

S&W has been so troubled over the past 25 years or so I don't trust their products. I like the M&P a lot but I ended up buying a Glock due to misinformation from a S&W certified dealer and my general wariness of S&W.

Old 06-18-2014, 04:28 PM   #9
The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

Liked 20828 Times on 11845 Posts
Likes Given: 52360

Quote:
Originally Posted by John_Deer View Post
My dad had a Sw9ve. He got a transfer bar from S&W that shortened up the trigger pull. It was a reliable gun, excellent for the price. My brother and I went in together to get him an M&P 9 for Christmas two years ago. Once he got used to the M&P 9 he sold the S&W9VE.
Quote:
Originally Posted by John_Deer View Post
The VE pistols are like a bastard child to S&W. They claim the heavy trigger is for safety. When they start coming back to the factory because people can't shoot them S&W releases a transfer bar.

S&W has been so troubled over the past 25 years or so I don't trust their products. I like the M&P a lot but I ended up buying a Glock due to misinformation from a S&W certified dealer and my general wariness of S&W.
i find it rather curious that after your comments about S & W products, why you would go in with your brother, to buy your father a S & W pistol.

i'm sorry, but those two posts almost seem to contradict each other. a little clarification might be in order here.

i have shot the SD9VE my father has. it's just one of the pistols he owns for CC and it's not a bad pistol, just not a great pistol. but he also has the discontinued Model 908 and the Model 36 revolver that he alternates with for CC usage. he says he carries he 908 more than the other two because he likes it size the best of the three.

Old 06-18-2014, 05:54 PM   #10

Liked 20 Times on 14 Posts

Quote:

I love the gun, but I agree on the trigger. I've done all the cleaning I can do without altering the gun, and the reset is fairly gritty. EWWW 💚