S&W trade ins - Page 3
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > Smith & Wesson Forum > S&W trade ins

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-02-2014, 10:35 PM   #21
disappointed & disgusted, But DETERMINED...
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 3380 Times on 2286 Posts
Likes Given: 710

Quote:
Originally Posted by robocop10mm View Post
Axxe is correct. The 39 is a single stack. The 59 is a double stack. There was no 69. The second generation gave us the 439, 459, 659 and 669. The 669 was the cut down frame, short barrel double stack.

The top ends were essentially the same, save the 669 that had a shorter barrel.

The third gen guns opened the flood gates with DA/SA, DAO, Frame Decocker (ala Sig). Different frame materials (aluminum alloy and steel, both stainless and carbon steel). The model numbers get mind numbing in the 3rd gen guns.

Uh, mine is a 569 Satin Nickel 12 Shot, and my other one is a 34 yO 439....

Sent from my iPhone using Firearms Talk

"The difference between a successful person and others is not a lack of strength, not a lack of knowledge, but rather in a lack of will." Vince Lombardi

"No One, and I MEAN NO ONE Craps on me and Gets away with it!!! Those days are gone...

Old 12-03-2014, 01:28 AM   #22

Location: Eatonville,Washington. My nearest neighbors are cows.
Liked 2021 Times on 1116 Posts
Likes Given: 6005

S&W 469 in Galco/JackAss Miami Vice.
File Type: jpg Galco -s.jpg (30.1 KB, 53 views)

Old 04-07-2015, 03:53 PM   #23
FTF_MODERATOR.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 3178 Times on 1652 Posts
Likes Given: 322

I just finished with 12 more gen 3's on Friday. Mostly 5906's and a couple of 6906's. They will fly off the shelves quickly

Old 04-16-2015, 06:27 PM   #24

Quote:
Confidentiality keeps me from telling you where they came from.
I've always wondered the motivation behind the seller being unable to say which agency the trade-in came from. I live with in driving distance from J&G Sales and have purchased numerous police, military and security handgun trade-ins. The J&G sales person either gives me an "I dunno" or truthfully tells me they can not reveal the agency. The only exception about 10 or so years ago. J&G got a bunch of S&W Model 10's from France. They had no problem saying they came from French police.

About the same time I purchased three Model 10's. I also bought a couple of near mint and very cherry Rossi 357's that came to J&G via a bankruptcy sale from an out of business security company. J&G could or would not say whom or even which state they came from.

Why the secrecy? Is it for liability reasons?

Old 04-17-2015, 01:27 PM   #25
FTF_MODERATOR.png

My confidentiality agreement is with GT Distributors. I have no idea what kind of arrangement they have with the Agency, S&W or the new supplying manufacturer.

I am getting to the more difficult ones now. Several 6906's and 669's done yesterday. The biggest problem with the remaining ones is stuck magazine release detents. It appears they have grit, possible very fine sand that is preventing the detent from applying spring pressure to the mag release. Will likely have to drill the detents and replace. GT will likely just sell them off as project guns (as is). If you have a good drill press you can probably get one for about $100 or less.

For now, I am cannibalizing parts. Anyone have a 4006 TSW slide? We've got a good bottom end and cracked slide.

I found a model I had never heard of. 410S Stainless slide, Alloy frame, 10 round double stack, 40. Got it working even though it is a cheap "value series" with plastic sights and chunky slide. For the serious collector, it is rare.

Old 04-18-2015, 05:18 PM   #26

Quote:

For now, I am cannibalizing parts. Anyone have a 4006 TSW slide? We've got a good bottom end and cracked slide.

I found a model I had never heard of. 410S Stainless slide, Alloy frame, 10 round double stack, 40. Got it working even though it is a cheap "value series" with plastic sights and chunky slide. For the serious collector, it is rare.
Not trying to run you off but you might take those to the S&W board. Some collectors there with some awfully deep pockets.

Old Today, 05:21 PM   #27
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Several will be posted on Gunbroker as parts/project guns. I have stripped some with cracked frames (6906's mostly).

I found a good 4006 TSW frame and slide to mate together. The cracked frame and slide will go to auction. I now have a good amount of parts cannibalized in preparation for the next shipment.

Give a man a tool and he will abuse and neglect it. If he buys his own tools, he will take care of them (better). I am reminded of the Deputy Constable who brought me his malfunctioning Sig P-226 in .357 Sig. I stripped off the slide and he said "how did you do that?" I looked closer and saw that it was fouled beyond belief. I detail stripped it and dropped it in a bucket of solvent. I told him to come back the next day. "But, what will I carry till then?" An empty holster is more reliable than that gunked up pistol. As a side note, his "carry" ammo was 125 gr FMJ!!!!
That guy is a walking liability.