Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > Smith & Wesson Forum > S&W sd40

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-18-2013, 11:24 AM   #21
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 131 Times on 87 Posts
Likes Given: 52

Quote:
Originally Posted by vector16 View Post
Something like when your girl polishes your ______ doesn't it get shiny. LOL. There was a few other people on the S&W site that had this issue. It does do wonders, If your into that sort of thing.

How many times had I messed with tbhis sort of gun R_N? The SD and Sigma is the same gun, just a lighter tigger trigger pull and a better looking slide.

Don't do anything this joker tell you to. He totally relies on the make of the gun for every little thing. Why send your gun in and not see it for 3-10 weeks when it uis so simple to take care of yourself and it will only take 20 minutes. If this your carry gun, its probably your only gun. Don't give it up for something so simple.
Listen to Vector16, he's a pro at working on the 9&40 VE series.
But Vector, if he has other firearms I see no reason why he can't send it to S&W and let them fix it. Just my opinion.

BTW, leave my woman and her fetishes out of this!

Old 03-18-2013, 11:49 PM   #22

Liked 19 Times on 17 Posts
Likes Given: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruger_Nut View Post
Listen to Vector16, he's a pro at working on the 9&40 VE series.
But Vector, if he has other firearms I see no reason why he can't send it to S&W and let them fix it. Just my opinion.

BTW, leave my woman and her fetishes out of this!
Its still such a long turn around now for S&W that he's better off ordering whatever part he needs, installing it himself. You can get almost any part online in 3 to 4 days. They are not complicated guns to work on. This particular problem he can take my advise and have the problem fixed in 20 min. He could have it fixed in the same amout of time it takes to box it up and walk to the mail box and back.

Why Would I Be Paranoid, I'm the One With The Gun.

"Just a man and his jug settling an old fued"
-Me-

Old 03-18-2013, 11:52 PM   #23

Liked 131 Times on 87 Posts
Likes Given: 52

Quote:
He could have it fixed in the same amout of time it takes to box it up and walk to the mail box and back.
FEDEX picks it up at your door.

Old 03-19-2013, 12:25 AM   #24

Whatever, Factory Boy, Lame things happen to firearms everday and its the factories that made it happen to begin with. Why send it in to have the same people that messed it up have a second chance to really mess it up?

CM|1

Just polish the feed ramp and be done with it. You also may have a mag problem. Take the mag apart, spray the spring with some WD-40 let it sit for an hour and then wipe clean with a rag. Put the mag back together and load up. The two of these fixes are great. If you still have a problem, take the advise of "Factory Boy", Ruger_NUT, and call S&W to see what they say. CALL First.

RUGER or RUEGER: complainer, informant, plaintiff.

I named my dog Ruger. Boy, can he whine. Yes, the one the left, laying on the blue blanket (My Bed)

LMFAO

-Me-

Last edited by vector16; 03-19-2013 at 12:31 AM.

Old 03-22-2013, 12:24 AM   #25

Liked 3 Times on 2 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by vector16
polish the feed ramp. That is all you need to do. Use some 600 grade sand paper and the eraser end of a pencil. Make all the score lines go in the same direction of the barrel as if a round was sliding into it. You don't really want to take any metal off, just make the score marks run parallel to the barrel. This will do the same as breaking in the gun for 500 rounds.
Thanks for the tips. I did exactly what you said an it worked like a charm. I also put over 300 rounds through it right after this and not one single jam or FTE. Very satisfied with the results. Thanks again
Old 03-22-2013, 12:40 AM   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by cml1 View Post
Thanks for the tips. I did exactly what you said an it worked like a charm. I also put over 300 rounds through it right after this and not one single jam or FTE. Very satisfied with the results. Thanks again
AND your gun never left your side. You did not need to send it in to the factory and kiss it good bye for 2 months. Good for you. If you have any other questions or concerns feel free to send me a PM and i'll be glad to assist you.

Hey Ruger_NUT, Told you so.. LOL

-Me-

BsonomaMN Likes This 
Old 03-24-2013, 07:46 PM   #27

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts
Likes Given: 18

I picked-up a SD40 about a month ago. I've only put 50 rounds through it and it was great. I had similar issues with my SW9VE when i got it a few years ago. I switched ammo and kept putting rounds though it and runs flawless now a days. Don't get rid of it!

Old 03-24-2013, 10:29 PM   #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by BsonomaMN View Post
I picked-up a SD40 about a month ago. I've only put 50 rounds through it and it was great. I had similar issues with my SW9VE when i got it a few years ago. I switched ammo and kept putting rounds though it and runs flawless now a days. Don't get rid of it!
You did not read the entire thread did you?

-Me-

Old 03-25-2013, 03:51 AM   #29

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts
Likes Given: 18

Quote:
You did not read the entire thread did you?
Yes, I did. I know he got it working. Just relating.

Old 06-29-2013, 02:48 PM   #30

I just put 100 rnds in it yesterday and it worked flawless with Winchester white box and federal fmj. The trigger is heavy and was pulling me to the left of the target. I'm thinking of getting a the apex trigger job to relieve me from pulling to the left.....also has anyone shot the Herter's aluminum ammo thru the gun???? Looking to try that too.