Question about .442 - Page 3
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > Smith & Wesson Forum > Question about .442

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-25-2013, 04:05 AM   #21
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 634 Times on 379 Posts
Likes Given: 1832

Are you listening to the band Alestorm???

Old 09-25-2013, 04:06 AM   #22
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 3726 Times on 2283 Posts
Likes Given: 1224

Quote:
Originally Posted by poopshoot
Hello, folks. I recently purchased my first firearm, and I've been obsessed with them ever since. Not dangerously obsessed, but I'm kind of in love. I used to be afraid of them; even hate them. But after a close friend threw some scenarios at me, he had me feeling very vulnerable. Mildly helpless. So, I decided to join in on the fun. Now, don't get me wrong. I'm all about peace and love, but these days..you can't really trust society. And I'll be damned if I'm ever in a situation where gun ownership could have saved mine, or a loved one's (or even a stranger's) life and it wasn't available. But enough about all of that (GET ON TO THE QUESTION, RIGHT?). I was a little concerned about my ammo being the slightest bit loose. I've done some research and it appears to be "normal," but I wanna be 100% sure. I made a video, because I thought it would be easier (I made the video before posting here, so you'll hear some repeated info)-Video Link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aji8OT2rfFA Thanks, guys.
Thanks for posting the video. It definitely helped me understand what you meant. I suggest taking it to a range and putting a cylindor through it. If it cycles properly every time, you won't have a problem. The only problem I can think of that might arise is if it causes the cylindor to not cycle properly (in other words, it locks and won't rotate). Its not really dangerous if this happens, you just won't be able to shoot.

I'm not an expert, though, so I could be wrong.

Anyway, you should stick around to the forum. Lots of knowledgeable people here, and I guarantee you will learn a lot. I learn new stuff here all the time.

Welcome to the world of firearms.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackrich3
I'm contemplating selling my 442 'cause I can't hit squat with it. I've tried staging the trigger, different ammo, two trigger jobs, bigger grips, to no avail. At 7 yards, all over the paper. Think I might look into some of the Charter Arms offerings, like the 44 Bulldog. Also want to try the LCR, I hear it can be pretty accurate, but getting past that plastic pistol thing isn't there, yet
It sounds like you're achieving perfectly satisfactory combat accuracy, which, with a gun like this is basically what is expected. Some people are able to really buckle down and achieve nice groups, but let's be honest - that's not the purpose of this gun. You don't want all your bullets punching into the same hole on a bad guy, anyway. You want to spread it around a bit to maximize the trauma to the body.

Just try not to miss.

Always have clean socks.

Anna_Purna Likes This 
Old 09-25-2013, 08:30 PM   #23

Ahh! More replies. Thanks, everyone (for both the welcome and help).
I really appreciate it.

And the song was I'm Shipping Up to Boston by Dropkick Murphys.

Old 09-26-2013, 12:18 AM   #24
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 143 Times on 87 Posts
Likes Given: 139

I believe you're right. The trigger pull is gotta be 20 lbs. I need single action!

Old 09-30-2013, 10:56 PM   #25

Went to the range this past weekend. They wouldn't let me shoot the Buffalo Bores, because they were lead. I did, however, get to shoot some Remington +P 125g. I didn't feel like there was a huge difference, in terms of the way it felt; but I liked it.

Handed in my application for my permit today. The waiting game begins..