Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > Smith & Wesson Forum > Question : .....

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-15-2013, 04:28 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 4 Times on 3 Posts

Default Question : .....

Question....... Getting my new m&p 9c Friday at 3:46 pm (lol).

1)Should I take it home and clean&lube it before I shoot it ?

2) do I need to set the sights for Aiming ? Are they center or 6 o clock ?

3) if the gun not loaded and no ammo in the mag.
Is it ok to kick my girlfriend out of the bed and sleep with my S&W M&P 9c for the first week?

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 08-15-2013, 04:34 AM   #2

Liked 203 Times on 132 Posts

1. Never hurts to clean factory gunk before first range trip. Plus lets you give it a good look see and check for imperfections.

2. Most sights are good to go from the factory. If I have a new gun that appears to be off I always have a buddy or two shoot it before adjusting, just to make sure it isn't my fault.

3. Depends on how mean your GF is.

Old 08-15-2013, 06:16 AM   #3
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 3690 Times on 2277 Posts
Likes Given: 1224

Congrats! Why 3:46pm...? I love my M&P9c. Take a look at the Talon Grips, if you want more purchase on the firearm.

1) Yes. It's a good idea. You probably could shoot it out of the box, but I definitely recommend cleaning and lubing it first.

2) Every gun might be different... Most are good to go from the factory.

3) This ones tricky. I had to consult an expert. The wife says "Yes. There's no ring on her finger, so you don't owe her anything." We'll, there you have it. A woman says its ok.

Always have clean socks.

Old 08-15-2013, 07:21 AM   #4

Liked 4 Times on 3 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by JW357
Congrats! Why 3:46pm...? I love my M&P9c. Take a look at the Talon Grips, if you want more purchase on the firearm.

1) Yes. It's a good idea. You probably could shoot it out of the box, but I definitely recommend cleaning and lubing it first.

2) Every gun might be different... Most are good to go from the factory.

3) This ones tricky. I had to consult an expert. The wife says "Yes. There's no ring on her finger, so you don't owe her anything." We'll, there you have it. A woman says its ok.
In California. 10 day Im piss off at the world and going to do bad things to good people law.

And he told me the day I payed for it I have to wait that same hour to pick it up. Got me. It's like a pop tart of hate. 3:45.....3:46 ding !!!! I love this world again

Lol thank your wife I was laughing my ass off
And I'm going to show her this post

Old 08-15-2013, 07:28 AM   #5
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Quote:
Originally Posted by brockly

In California. 10 day Im piss off at the world and going to do bad things to good people law.

And he told me the day I payed for it I have to wait that same hour to pick it up. Got me. It's like a pop tart of hate. 3:45.....3:46 ding !!!! I love this world again

Lol thank your wife I was laughing my ass off
And I'm going to show her this post
Yeahhhh. I'm n Kalifornia too. Worst state in the Union.

You're welcome. I just hope you and your beautiful Smith don't have to sleep on the couch, because of MY wife. That'd be weird.

Always have clean socks.

Old 08-15-2013, 12:48 PM   #6

Liked 4 Times on 3 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by JW357

Yeahhhh. I'm n Kalifornia too. Worst state in the Union.

You're welcome. I just hope you and your beautiful Smith don't have to sleep on the couch, because of MY wife. That'd be weird.

Cool someone to know the California blues. But yeah I have two other room with beds so I'm good . The joys of living alone but after Friday. I have a new born in my life lol

I need to get a bed for my new born. :/

What's a good safe ? Where should I look. Awww will start a new post about a safe.

Old 08-15-2013, 02:07 PM   #7
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Quote:
Originally Posted by brockly

Cool someone to know the California blues. But yeah I have two other room with beds so I'm good . The joys of living alone but after Friday. I have a new born in my life lol

I need to get a bed for my new born. :/

What's a good safe ? Where should I look. Awww will start a new post about a safe.
Well I use a GunVault as my bedside safe. I feel like its good enough quality. I can access my M&Ps in a hurry if I need to. Any bedside safe should do the trick.

Always have clean socks.