Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   Smith & Wesson Forum (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f179/)
-   -   New SD9VE (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f179/new-sd9ve-91987/)

dr_psych 06-08-2013 06:08 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Hello all. I just got my new SD9VE last night. Mine is the two-tone with the 16-round mags. I haven't even had it 24 hours yet but I'm very happy. What impresses me the most is the fit in my hand. This gun is a bit of an upgrade for me. I had a Hi-point for about 2 months before I sold it and bought this one. The hi-point never fit my hand well nor did it feel like a quality gun. The SW fits my hand perfect and has a very nice quality feel to it. I can't wait to fire it. The HiPoint jammed many times the first time out. I'm hoping for a better experience!

Attachment 104749

Attachment 104750

308Wins 06-08-2013 06:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dr_psych
Hello all. I just got my new SD9VE last night. I haven't even had it 24 hours yet but I'm very happy. What impresses me the most is the fit in my hand. This gun is a bit of an upgrade for me. I had a Hi-point for about 2 months before I sold it and bought this one. The hi-point never fit my hand well nor did it feel like a quality gun. The SW fits my hand perfect and has a very nice quality feel to it. I can't wait to fire it. The HiPoint jammed many times the first time out. I'm hoping for a better experience!

Nice!
I have the same thing for myself. Amazing gun, and was accurate out of the box. Clean it fairly regularly, and the only jams I've had we're when I grabbed a bag of reloads at a gun show (it was for the right price, gimme a break). Had it since Christmas

Sonic82 06-08-2013 06:18 PM

I always liked the looks of them...enjoy.

Partridge02 06-10-2013 04:00 AM

I've had mine roughly three months, about five hundred rounds, one jam. I am pretty sure that was due to limp wristing by my brother in law. I couldn't stand the trigger so I installed the apex trigger kit and now I really like the trigger. I've shot FMJ's and hollow points. Mine shoots a little to the left but is accurate enough to hit a silhouette at ninety yards decently consistent. About five out of ten, seven when I really took my time. Congratulations on your new investment.let us know how it shoots.

austin92 06-10-2013 08:42 AM

Under credited and extremely well priced. Love these guns

DougRoby96 06-13-2013 09:55 PM

I just traded a used 1 year old Remington nitro mag 887 waterfowl edition 12 gauge for a sd9ve. I haven't shot it yet, anybody think it was a good trade? Or bad?

DrumJunkie 06-13-2013 10:12 PM

Pound of pound they are one of the best deals out there.

308Wins 06-13-2013 10:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DougRoby96
I just traded a used 1 year old Remington nitro mag 887 waterfowl edition 12 gauge for a sd9ve. I haven't shot it yet, anybody think it was a good trade? Or bad?

Best 9mm pistol you can get for the money, I'd say
Great gun, I think you did good

KingGlamis 06-15-2013 03:26 AM

I have one and love it. However I do think the trigger is too stiff. I ordered the Apex trigger upgrade but a random house-cleaning incident made the kit disappear before I could install it. LOL Going to order another Apex kit. I have a few thousand rounds through mine and no issues at all.

apwvsd40ve 06-15-2013 04:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dr_psych (Post 1271206)
Hello all. I just got my new SD9VE last night. Mine is the two-tone with the 16-round mags. I haven't even had it 24 hours yet but I'm very happy. What impresses me the most is the fit in my hand. This gun is a bit of an upgrade for me. I had a Hi-point for about 2 months before I sold it and bought this one. The hi-point never fit my hand well nor did it feel like a quality gun. The SW fits my hand perfect and has a very nice quality feel to it. I can't wait to fire it. The HiPoint jammed many times the first time out. I'm hoping for a better experience!

Have the .40 caliber version...love it! I agree that it does not get the accolades that it deserves.... Shot the heck out of it..mine is at about 800 rounds and counting