Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   Smith & Wesson Forum (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f179/)
-   -   Anyone shot a S&W SW9VE? (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f179/anyone-shot-s-w-sw9ve-92062/)

unioncreek 06-09-2013 09:50 PM

Anyone shot a S&W SW9VE?

I've shot a SD9VE, but haven't seen or heard of the SW9VE. Anyone had one of these?

Bob

sputnik1988 06-09-2013 10:38 PM

Yup, but they are usually called the "sigma", good guns, sucky triggers. My dad has one and really likes it, they are pretty close in size and function to a Glock 19, not quite the same quality, but not the same price either. Not sure of the difference between the SD and the SW other than the look.

eatmydust 06-09-2013 10:43 PM

1st semi-auto I bought & 1st semi-auto I sold! I couldn't hit the broad side of a barn with it, and figured it might be me, until my two sharp-eyed nephews shot it all over the place too.

I liked the ergonomics and the platform, I will probably buy a newer SD9VE (the replacement) in the near future.

robocop10mm 06-09-2013 11:13 PM

The SW-C and F were the first generation Sigma pistols. They felt great, but had heavy triggers. Next came the V series. They were a part of S&W's "Value" series. Plastic sights and triggers that were worse than their predecessors. The E came next with a new checkering pattern on the grip frame (not as nice as the previous), a new, round faced striker (prone to breakage) and suckier trigger. Then the VE came along and combined the worst of all the previous models with triggers that can only be described as HORRIBLE.

Check out the SD series. Trigger more like the M&P but a price tag closer to the Sigma.

austin92 06-10-2013 09:08 AM

Sucks to hear people talk so negatively about a gun I enjoy shooting so much and have had minimal problems with (all from same box of Tula). :(

mountainman13 06-10-2013 09:23 AM

All that really matters is you are happy with the gun.

apwvsd40ve 06-10-2013 11:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by austin92 (Post 1272709)
Sucks to hear people talk so negatively about a gun I enjoy shooting so much and have had minimal problems with (all from same box of Tula). :(

If you are shooting accurately, trust the gun, and are accustomed to it....enjoy! Everyone has an opinion based on personal experience....your s may be different. I have the SD40 VE .....it is great for me...I have seen reviews here that question the trigger, the sights, and other comparisons and issues that I have not had.....be mindful but let your experience be you're determining factor.

bbertram 06-12-2013 12:29 AM

I had a SW40VE, and shot it quite well. It was my first SD trigger and took some getting used to. Now , I classify pistols as either SD guns or shooting guns, based on the trigger pull. My Sig P-6's are shooters, despite the nice , safe DA trigger on the first shot from the holster. :)

racer_x 06-12-2013 03:02 AM

I cant hit the broad side of the barn with mine, my brother in law cant hit with it either. Even after some trigger work I still dont care much for it.
I guess for me part is my first handgun over a 22 was a 1911 so Im kinda biais

justbombs 06-28-2013 08:49 PM

I just shot my sd40ve for the first time and put a couple hundred rounds in it and no failures. I was shooting Winchester white box and federal...I was shooting to the left I have to make adjustments on that. I thought it would have a bigger kick bc of the 40 s&w but it didn't. I am so pleased with this gun