Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > Smith & Wesson Forum > 659

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-10-2013, 12:58 AM   #1
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1978 Times on 1171 Posts
Likes Given: 944

Default 659

I just took one in trade!
It has been a while sense I have even seen one of these and this is 98%+ but no box or papers. I think I may just keep it.
Have any of you 'older' members used these in your past? I have and this is like old home week!

An armed society is not always a polite society, but it is a free and safe society!
Self Defense is an absolute and natural right!
Keep your head down and your powder dry!

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 04-10-2013, 01:39 AM   #2

Liked 10 Times on 8 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Carried one as a duty weapon back in the early 80's. Have 2 extra mags and 15 each +1 made for 46 rounds available when I stepped out of the car! Still have it and shoot it regularly. Only thing I have done is replaced the guide rod and spring and it has run flawlessly. Left it in the 90's and went to a 4" 629 with 2 speed loaders and only had 18 rounds.However, with 18 rounds of 44M I felt comfortable. Nice to have the 659 in stainless and shoot every now and then. Lots of memories there!! If you need parts, Lee's Gun Shop in Irving TX has many many S&W used parts. Great guy and makes the local gun shows. Closed on weekends but open all week.

Old 04-10-2013, 03:11 PM   #3
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1978 Times on 1171 Posts
Likes Given: 944

We carried the M19's until 1988 and then went to the 5906, I retired and have my 5906 in the safe. The PD is now using the M&P. I carried the 659 for several years as an off duty gun. I went to the 469 and eventually the 6906, which I still carry.

An armed society is not always a polite society, but it is a free and safe society!
Self Defense is an absolute and natural right!
Keep your head down and your powder dry!