22a
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > Smith & Wesson Forum > 22a

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-13-2013, 10:46 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default 22a

Anyone out there have a S&W 22A? When I'm at the range the clip keeps slipping out. Is this because of the release placement and my grip? Or do I need to adjust (loosen) my grip? Release spring loose, any ideas would be helpful.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 03-13-2013, 11:48 PM   #2
FTF_MODERATOR.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 2731 Times on 1430 Posts
Likes Given: 230

I have never experienced this with my 22A. Often times a grip related/operator induced problem.

In life, strive to take the high road....It offers a better field of fire.
"Robo is right" Fuzzball

Old 03-23-2013, 02:50 AM   #3

Liked 9 Times on 5 Posts

Default mag. slipping?

I ve had my 22a probably 6 or 7 years, never had that problem. As the previous person said it my be a holding (gripping ) problem. Have you ever had to replace your recoil buffer? I have had to replace mine 2 or 3 times

Old 03-23-2013, 12:04 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by GSpears471
I ve had my 22a probably 6 or 7 years, never had that problem. As the previous person said it my be a holding (gripping ) problem. Have you ever had to replace your recoil buffer? I have had to replace mine 2 or 3 times
It's a brand new gun. I really think its a grip problem. I've also started holding the magazine release button in when inserting a new magazine and that seems to help.

Old 04-01-2013, 10:56 PM   #5

Liked 7 Times on 5 Posts

I just purchased one the other day. One thing that I have noticed is you can't really just slap it up with your palm. You actually have to take your thumb...or whatever and give it a good push up, you'll hear the click.

Old 06-23-2013, 09:22 PM   #6

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts
Likes Given: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by addeskins View Post
Anyone out there have a S&W 22A? When I'm at the range the clip keeps slipping out. Is this because of the release placement and my grip? Or do I need to adjust (loosen) my grip? Release spring loose, any ideas would be helpful.
I had the exact same problem on my new 22a. Thought it was me, the grip, the ammo, etc. Finally sent it back to S&W for warranty repair. They changed the spring, problem solved.